Lifting the Veil

When the doors opened I saw my bride and her idiot brother walk in.

I was never allowed to see the face of my future wife. I didn't know if she was a hag or a goddess.

I scowled. What did it matter,if she was ugly I would take a mistress in her place.

The brides dress suited her slim body perfectly. It showed all of her curves.

I longed to look into her face but the veil made it invisible.

The music continues to play as she walked closer to the alter.

Finally she made it.

I squinted trying to get a better look at her face but it was no use.

I couldn't hear anything that the priest was saying neither did I try. I just wanted to get this over with.

I felt a nudge coming from the priest.

"Oh-I do".

"And do you Princess Selene of Crete take Prince Xander, heir to Athens as your husband?" a quite sing song voice answered, "i do".

I pinched the end of her veil.

I gasped. This had to be Aphrodite,not a teenage bride!

Her cheeks turned crimson.

I felt myself wanting to skip the feast and get started on the wedding night early.

The priest cleared his throat.

I leaned in and brought her lips to mine.

Her lips were so soft. And it made it hard for me to stop.

I controlled myself and looked into her eyes.

That's when I realized something,those eyes were the same as the girl that I glimpsed in my dream. In fact she was the same girl.