Poison

"I couldn't kill her brother, I'm sorry." I whispered to the sky.

I was weak. I couldn't even kill the monster who lured my own brother into the ocean.

A knock came from the other side of the door of my room. I walked to the chair closest to the fire place while yelling,"Come in!"

A tiny maid with flaming hair and a big rump, came in with a tray and a bottle of my favorite whine and laid it on the table next to the chair closest to the fire. "thanks, I'll really need this tonight.", I smirked already grabbing the neck of the bottle and pouring it into the gold chalice.

I turned my gaze to the roaring fire,sipping my whine and thought back to the hour before.

The sirens eyes were full of fear. I remember her trembling body. She looked so innocent. I towered over her tiny body ready to kill when she have up trying to fight me. She simply closed her beautiful eyes and prayed. I was astonished! My heart softened.

All of a sudden I felt something wet underneath my hands. "Oh no not again! Not now!" I whispered.

I ran out of the room with water dripping from my fingers.

I looked around the room. Towels were covered all over the floor soaking up all of the water left behind.

"Ugh! I need to control this!" I rested my head against my hand.

I discovered this power months ago. No one knew except for my brother. When I had told him he acted so nervous. He told me to never tell anyone. A day later he was killed by a siren.

Two weeks later is when I encountered the siren that looked exactly like my new wife,the siren was my wife really. But the weird thing is she didn't act like a siren. A regular siren would have craved for sex. But when men wished me luck tonight with my wife,I could feel her shake against my arm.

Could it be possible that she wasn't a siren? I thought about that conclusion.

I kept trying to tell myself she was the enemy,but I couldn't except. I finally told myself she was just a frightened girl who was almost murdered by her husband on her wedding night.

I need to apologize to her,maybe if I explain everything to her she won't hate me. But she might also think I'm crazy too.

I pushed myself out of the chair. All of sudden I felt dizzy and collapsed to the ground. My vision grew fuzzier.

I've been poisoned! I began to realize I had never seen that maid. She was not my usual maid. And the whine tasted a little different. I needed help!

I slowly tried to crawl to the door but by the time I reached the exit I was already gone.