Clint x Introvert!Male!Reader

"You know I don't work well in groups." You mumbled with your face all puffed up and your arms crossed.

Fury sighed and sat next to you, putting his hand on your shoulder. "They need you, Y/N. We need you. You saw how the battle of New York went, you're all they need to complete the Avengers Initiative." He said. "The jury's been putting pressure on me for ages to add you to the Avengers. But I can't stall them for long knowing they're right." He took a deep breath, "I'm afraid I don't leave you with a choice now, it's an order. Pack your bags, we're leaving this afternoon." He spoke and left. Fury had been the nicest person in the academy you had known. He had asked you a couple of times in the past to join the Avengers Initiative but you had always said no. And it seemed like nothing could be now, you will have to follow.

***

"Please be nice, Y/N. I'm warning you." Fury looked at you intently.

You chuckled, "What kind of a threat come with a 'please'?"

"I'm serious." He now glared at you. You rolled your eyes and mumbled a fine before going in. You had worn a dark blue tee with ripped black skinny jeans and your worn out grey sneakers. You had very particularly wrapped your headphones around your neck as an escape from any unwanted elevations in the conversation.

You saw the famous Avengers sitting on the couch as you entered the area. They all stood up as they saw you and Fury walk in. Captain America was the first to shake your hand and welcome you to the team, his formal tone seemed rather unnerving to you. And well, Thor's godly tone seemed rather unnerving to you. The next was Black Widow whose minimalistic talk was not so bad. Iron Man introduced himself in somewhat of a boastful manner which was utterly unnerving. Hulk, you noticed, was absent from the group which you already admired.

"Hi, I'm Clint Barton. The one and only." Hawkeye was the last to shake your hand, his complimentary wink was completely unnerving. You rolled your eyes and gave his hand a rudely small shake, but he didn't let you go when you pulled your hand back. He gave you a goofy smile before he let your hand go. The others obviously did not notice it.

"So Y/N, Fury told us that-" Steve started to speak but you put your headphones on and walked away to explore the area.

Fury sighed, "I apologise for him. He can be a little difficult to deal with sometimes, but I'm sure he'll come around. He's a great asset." He said. They began to talk and Clint slipped out to find you. He followed you to the pool lobby.

He walked up to you and took the headphones out of your ears, "Watcha doing?" He asked with his annoying grin.

You flinched a bit and was ready to launch a punch to his throat but stopped. "I could have killed you, you know." You sighed.

Clint laughed, "Of course you would have."

"Don't try me." You looked at him with a smile. You recognised the cocky smile on Clint's face every man had ever made in front of you considering your petite figure before they lost to you terribly.

"You're cute." He said, replacing his overconfident grin with a warm one.

"I know. Ribs or wrist?" You asked him, walking around as he followed you.

He furrowed his brows in confusion, "Ribs or wrist?" He asked.

"Yeah, what would you like to be broken by me? Your ribs or your wrist?" You asked nonchalantly.

Clint laughed, "I'd be ready to clap if you'd break a pencil." And in the next few moments, Clint found himself on the floor under you trying to break free. You had his wrist in a strong grip, ready to snap any minute.

"So the wrist it is." You grinned.

Clint was obviously taken aback. He had certainly not expected you to tackle down his 230 pound figure with your 130 pound one. "Hey, hey, hey! I was just joking." He yelled.

You grinned and twisted his hand, making him yelp. "How will a poor guy like you clap when I break your wrist?" You whispered close to his ear, making the hair on the back of his neck stand up. You let him go and stood up, grinning.

"Damn dude, I was just flirting. You didn't have to be a dick about you." He muttered under his breath.

"How was I supposed to react? You're 15 years older than me, creep." You stated.

"Well... yeah but..." Clint had nothing to say, honestly. You rolled your eyes and gave his lips a small peck before heading back to where everyone else was. He turned red and ran behind you, "What was that supposed to mean?"

You shrugged. "Maybe I'd be interested to talk to you further, maybe I'd want to use you, maybe it'll just be a one night stand." You put on your headphones again but realised there was no music being played. You noticed the phone was no longer in your pocket. You looked up to see Clint walk away with your phone, giggling to himself. You sighed, he was too annoying to be left alive. But fuck was he too cute to be killed.