Thor x Male!Reader [PART FOUR]

The days following your engagement with Thor were pretty good and you could feel your relationship deepening and growing with him. A few days were hectic as well when you had to travel through different towns and civilisations as the prince of Asgard's fiancé with the prince himself to accompany you. And may lord have mercy on whomever that made the mistake of letting their eyes gawk at you because if any adjective could perfectly fit into Thor's "boyfriend" persona, it was definitely "jealous". Boy was he a jealous man, and rather possessive as you two descended into a certain proximity of your relationship.

Although both of you had been maintaining an adequate magnitude of distance in terms of psychological openness, Thor had already started laying down some of his darkest secrets and troubled pasts upon you.

But something Thor found the most challenging had to be the almost platonic relations in the bedroom. Thor was not a man of words, he believed in acting on his love rather than writing it down. Although you had gotten pretty frequent with the kissing, you two still hadn't had sex. Something Thor yearned for desperately. It wasn't as if he was merely horny for the sex. But it was intimacy that he craved.

He was balls deep in love with you, there was no denying it. And as much as Thor respected your preferences, he felt uncertain if the feelings were reciprocated or not given how you still avoided physical touch. He wanted to, but wouldn't. He needed to, but couldn't.

He was working with it though. He found new ways to show you how much you loved him, as taught by some of his maidens. He dressed up more often, made an effort for you. He brought you flowers and cooked as much as could (which wasn't a lot, let's e honest) for you. He resented to the little things to channel his love for you.

"Good morning, Y/N." You heard Thor's voice as he opened the door to your room and walked in. You merely groaned in response and clenched on tight to your abdomen. Thor immediately rushed over to your side and sat on the edge of the bed, "What's wrong?" He asked.

"Aches." You let out. You had fallen asleep only an hour ago because of uneasiness and nausea only to be woken up by sharp shooting pain your upper abdomen.

"Do not worry." Thor said and strode out of the room quickly. Within a minute, there were several people crowding your room appearing to be doctors. They checked you and talked in murmurs to each other.

"What is it?" You tried to sit up but Thor shushed you and told you to lay down. You looked at Thor and the others. They seemed to talk to one another before the others left you alone with Thor.

"It's nothing to worry about." Thor said finally. "They will be back with the medicines soon, you'll be fine by evening." He said and helped you sit up. But something about his countenance was really unnerving. He seemed sorrowful, regretful and shocked at the same time. He was trying his hardest to hide it though, you could tell. But he just couldn't.

"What is it though?" You asked.

"Nothing, only a little overeating. I'll be back with your remedies." He said and left.

You sighed and sat back. The ache had somehow subsided but you knew it was going to be back, hopefully Thor would be back with the meds by then.

***

"What caused it?" Thor demanded. As he always had, he unknowingly channelled his mix of emotions into rage as his voice boomed through the chamber.

The healers, on the other hand, were calm and composed. "We think you already know the answer." They replied.

Thor's brows furrowed, "Do you think he doesn't want to be with me?"

"That's one of many plausible explanations. But given the current circumstances, we believe so." They said.