2

a smile stretched on wonho's face as he thought about getting closer to the taller boy and wonho skipped the rest of the way home as some giggles escaped his mouth. 

knowing hyungwon wasn't an easy target, wonho decided to observe him for a while. in a way, wonho was playing a little game and that game was 'getting close to chae hyungwon'.

wonho watched as hyungwon got out of his house. while school started at 8:45, hyungwon always left the house at 8:10. the walk to school was around 20 minutes but hyungwon always showed up right before the bell rung. wonho figured that hyungwon must either walk really slowly or go somewhere during the trip. the older boy went with the second option because wonho never saw hyungwon when he was walking to school.

wonho always left the house after 8:30 and sprinted most of the way to school. he always said that it was a good thing as he could have a morning sprint on the way to school but everyone knew it was because the boy always slept in. 

today however, wonho forced himself to wake up early to sneak on his taller neighbour. it surprised his mother who was expecting the usual - messy-haired wonho wearing nothing but his shorts walking to the kitchen for breakfast at 8:20. 

grabbing breakfast at 8:00, he kissed his shocked mother before rushing to change into his uniform. stepping out of the house at 8:08, wonho hid behind the pot plants outside his house as he looked at his watch. 

it was miraculous that hyungwon showed up right on the dot. 8:10. wonho watched eagerly as hyungwon walked off. the way hyungwon walked was leisurely, he was not rushed to get anywhere and it was somehow calming to watch. it almost seemed like hyungwon was enjoying his time, breathing in the crisp morning air and admiring the trees and sky that he saw everyday. 

the way to their school included passing - many roads with crowded morning traffic, a convenience store, a weird florist that shouted some weird greeting to their costumers about their flowers being pretty or something, and a row of shops and a small local shopping centre that had a small food court. wonho would eat there a lot with his friends after school. 

they were nearing the convenience store and wonho had not been discovered yet. wonho felt a thrill as he followed the younger boy, it was a fun game. although wonho looked like a cold and chic guy he was in fact the opposite. the boy was filled with positive energy and was amused by the smallest things. his laugh was music to many peoples ears and he loved to make other people laugh. he was that person that the whole school knew.

wonho watched behind a tree as hyungwon entered the convenience store. glancing at his watch, wonho read the time as 8:22. intrigued, wonho watched more intently as the taller boy's head disappeared for a bit before returning. wonho was lucky that from where he was, he could see hyungwon through the glass clearly. hyungwon sat on the stools inside the convenience store as he mixed his ramen around. 

'hmmmm so that's why he's so late even though he leaves early', wonho thought to himself. the next thing he was thinking about was how the ramen looked so delicious and how he could even smell it. the thoughts were drowning his mind before he decided to take action.

swiftly walking towards the entrance of the store, wonho walked in as he slowly made his way to hyungwon who was too occupied with his ramen to notice. 

"wow, that looks really yummy"

the familiar voice right behind hyungwon made him look up from his ramen in surprise. a playful smirk etched its way to wonho's face as he stared at hyungwon's shocked expression. 

"w-wonho?"

'wow, he knows my name' wonho thought to himself, pleased. wonho just gave hyungwon a big bunny smile before plopping into the seat beside the younger.

wonho smiled widely as he thought to himself 'approaching chae hyungwon - success'