12

"what are you doing?"

hyungwon suddenly felt extremely dizzy from the shock and he barely managed to stand up straight to see wonho staring right back at him.

letting out a sigh of relief, the boy then answered in a stern but soft voice, "nothing".

the taller neighbour was about to turn away and walk off but was stopped when wonho said his name.

"hyungwon"

the way wonho said his name, it made his heart ache. the way wonho's voice was filled with sorrow, guilt and hurt. all those things had been hyungwon's doing. the tall boy had made the shorter boy suffer, it was all because of him being a selfish person that resulted in him hurting the shorter boy.

"hyungwon," wonho continued, "i-i'm sorry for being an annoyance to you. i've thought about it and it's all my fault, i shouldn't have forced you to accept me as your friend and i'm sorry if that offended you and made you angry in any way".

wonho stood in his backyard as he pulled on his long sleeves, nervously looking at his neighbour. he had been breathing in the fresh, slightly cold air when he saw hyungwon's window open to reveal the said boy. 

he felt like he had to apologise and so he did. he just hoped that hyungwon would stop being angry at him. 

hyungwon stood there, nearly frozen at wonho's words. he felt so bad, why was wonho apologising when he was the one to blame? when he was the one who had pushed wonho away?

"wonho..." hyungwon started, "i-"

the boy was interrupted when he heard the slam of a door coming from his house. eyes widening, the boy quickly ducked before hurriedly moving towards the short fence seperating his house from wonho's. waiting for a few seconds, hyungwon then jumped over and only seconds after, he heard his mum open their backyard door.

grabbing onto wonho's arms, the taller boy dragged wonho out through the small path leading straight to the front door of the house.

hyungwon was now running, afraid of being caught by his mum that he didn't even realise that wonho was following him. finally they stopped when they were a safe distance away from their houses.

"sorry" hyungwon said, "you can go back now".

wonho stared in disbelief, "you dragged me all the way here and now you just want to throw me away like a piece of used gum?"

hyungwon looked quite ashamed as his head fell.

"where are you going though?"

hyungwon looked up before he mumbled, "club".

"can i come with you?"

hyungwon nodded as he mumbled a "yeah" and the two boys then walked to the bus stop. it was an awkward journey with wonho being sulky over hyungwon not accepting his apology and hyungwon being too cautious, too much of a coward to confess to wonho that he indeed wanted wonho to be his friend.

they finally arrived at the club, it took a longer time than before because hyungwon had been too rushed to take his motorbike.

wonho could see the club as the two walked towards it, he didn't really know where he was going but he just followed hyungwon who was leading him. the line was not tremendous but there was still a line and wonho sighed thinking about how long it would take to get in but hyungwon walked to the front of the line.

wonho's eyes widened as he followed hyungwon, receiving a few glares from the people in line.

wonho stopped in front of the guard who had a scowl on his face.

"id?" the guard said.

"what? i-" the boy didn't have anything but his phone with him.

"he's with me"

the guard nodded and wonho could feel hyungwon's slender hands grab his wrist before guiding him into the club.

'why did that sound so....cool?' wonho questioned.

the club was bustling with young underaged people, well that was a given since it was friday. 

"you can just stay here or you can wander around but b-be careful"

wonho nodded as he felt his eardrums bounce with every beat of the club music playing.

"and" hyungwon continued, "if you want a drink just say you're with me"

wonho could only nod again. it had been fascinating the previous time he had seen hyungwon here, but it amazed him every time. it was like hyungwon had turned into a different person, he was more confident and there was something about hyungwon that wonho couldn't pinpoint. 

"i'm gonna go now" hyungwon said, his cheeks a little red, "you can leave first if you want to o-or if not then i will probably leave in a few hours".

wonho had turned into those little bobby-head dolls in cars because of hyungwon's newfound charisma.

hyungwon was about to turn around when someone pounced onto wonho, surprising them both.

"aye!" the boy who had pounced on wonho shouted over the music, "new friend?" he said winking at hyungwon.

hyungwon sighed a little before explaining, "my friend. wonho, i.m"

the introduction was short but no other words were needed as i.m immediately started to check wonho out making the boy slightly uncomfortable. i.m winked at wonho and wonho was internally panicking as his eyes landed on hyungwon, as he asked for help through his stare.

hyungwon just gave i.m a long glare before the i.m's grip on wonho's shoulder loosened and he held his hands up in a cheeky admit of defeat. hyungwon looked at wonho one last time as if to check he was okay before he made his way to the stage.

"i'll be off too, wonnie" i.m said in a cheesy way with a wink, " see you again hyungwonnie's little boyfriend".

wonho's mouth fell open a little as if to deny it but somewhere deep inside his heart, he liked it. the thought of being associated with hyungwon, being hyungwon's friend or boyfriend made wonho's heart skip a beat. but the boy denied everything, hyungwon hadn't even accepted his apology.

suddenly, the crowd cheered and wonho's gaze fell upon the small stage where hyungwon was walking up to. i.m was also there and wonho wondered how just the two of them standing on the stage together would give off such a great stage presence.

"dj h.one everyone!"