3

wonho smiled widely as he thought to himself 'approaching chae hyungwon - success'

wonho had tried to initiate a conversation with hyungwon the whole way to school. at the convenience store, hyungwon had not talked with the excuse of needing to eat his ramen and when he had finished, he had tried to walk faster to get away from wonho. wonho though, was set on getting closer to hyungwon.

hyungwon just chose to ignore all of wonho's questions and only replied with a fake smile. he pretended he was occupied with his phone when in reality, he was only scrolling through all his apps.

wonho didn't give up though. when hyungwon ignored his question about todays weather, he went on to how he hated math then how he hated homework. wonho started blabbering and hyungwon was started to get annoyed, seeing the red signal flashing, hyungwon ran across not even bothering to look back at wonho. wonho just stood there shocked, a few seconds later the cars started and wonho just stared at hyungwon's back which was barely visible anymore. 

both boys were slightly early as hyungwon had walked faster to school and wonho had ran to catch up with the taller boy but with no success. there was a little bit less than 10 minutes till the first bell rung and wonho walked into the classroom hoping to get a glance of his neighbour but his tall neighbour wasn't in his seat and wonho sighed at that.

"wow! what do we have here?!" a voice shouted making wonho roll his eyes, "wonho is early?? am I seeing this right?"

wonho turned around to see kihyun sitting at his desk and pretended to punch him which made both of them laugh. 

"why so early?" kihyun asked, genuinely curious.

wonho's eyes sparkled a bit before he leaned closer to kihyun.

"i'm on a mission!", wonho said as he pretended to look all mysterious making kihyun laugh a little, "i'm gonna try to become hyungwon's friend!"

kihyun raised an eyebrow as he took in this information.

"why?" kihyun asked.

"well, because, he's always so quiet, I wanna make him talk more", wonho said with a smile, "I made it my mission to make him open up!"

kihyun on the other didn't look too thrilled and wonho was about to ask why, when the bell rang. all the students rushed to their seats and wonho watched as hyungwon walked into the room.

"just watch chae hyungwon, i'm going to make you open up"

----

wonho and kihyun were walking home. wonho wondered where hyungwon went after school if they had never bumped into each other on the way home despite living right next to each other.

kihyun seemed to be thinking and when wonho asked what he was thinking of, kihyun was hesitant to speak.

"uh it's nothing much but," kihyun started, "about you getting closer to hyungwon," wonho nodded, "ahhh don't worry, it's nothing" kihyun finished as he flashed wonho a smile.

knowing his friend, kihyun was worried about what would happen about wonho's mission. of course kihyun thought it was a good thing about making the quiet boy open up but there were consequences. wonho was playful and had a sweet heart, wonho would never hurt anyone but kihyun was worried that wonho would unconsciously hurt hyungwon. as of now, wonho thought of it as a mission and that worried kihyun because although wonho was being sincere, half of it was a game to him. kihyun was worried that wonho would ignore hyungwon's feelings because he was so set on the mission. kihyun was worried that both parties would get hurt in the process.

kihyun wanted to tell wonho but knowing wonho, the boy would get hurt by kihyun's words and so kihyun had decided not to say anything. 

"just, just be careful yeah?" kihyun said as he watched wonho's expression, "hyungwon seems kinda fragile, so just be careful yeah?"

wonho looked a little confused as first but then nodded enthusiastically giving kihyun a thumbs up. after that they both cracked a smile before they separated again.

wonho walked home as he thought about the next steps in his plan, he really wanted hyungwon to open up, and again he walked home with a smile on his face as he thought about his tall neighbour.