Part 6

A sound of knocking on the door echoing inside the living room. Damien reached the knob of the door,turned the brass knob and the heavy wooden door swung open. He saw a small brunette girl,standing there holding flowers , gave him a stare. 

" What is this? " he sound awkwardly.

" Oh. It's from my Grandma. She insisted me to bring these over." She walked into the house and looking for Eden. She was hoping that he was there instead of Damien. She went to the table and took the vase. Removing the old wilt dried flowers in it.

" You don't have to do it. I can do it by my own. "Damien slammed the door behind him.

Elfira took the vase to the kitchen and fill it with water before put the ones those she brought earlier.

" You can leave after finished that. " Elfira heard a deep low voice from the living room. After that, she took out teabags from her bag and placed them on the table in the kitchen. She saw Damien was sitting on the chair facing the grand piano. His fingers touching the metal and sweet melody come from it, he stopped when he could feel someone was behind him.

" I told you can leave after finished whatever you're doing. "

" I'm not finished yet. I want to hear you play. " she took a pace towards him. Elfira leaned her side against the piano and crossed her arms over. Damien ignored her even though his heart feel quite disturbed when she said that. Damien continued playing the sheet by Franz Peter Schubert Trio No.2.

Elfira shut her eyes and tapping her fingers on the side of the piano as if she's the one who played it. The soft melody caressed her ears gently, letting herself engulf into the music. She felt calm. Didn't know that the sound of it could affected her this much. She opened her eyes when Damien stopped playing.

" Do you love playing that much ? You look so good playing it. " Elfira tilted her head forwards.

" Sometimes i can only groan, and suffer and pour out my despair at the piano." he paused.

" It was from Frederic Chopin and I felt that too. Playing is everything to me. It was like another part of me. When my fingers touched them, the energy flowed right through to the keys. "

His face was clouded with emotion. For a fleeting moment, a smile played on his face. It was warm smile that she had never see before.

She wanted to ask for more, the reason that he always cold towards her or it was just his natural character but the words stuck in her throat. She just stood there staring at him who had lowered his gaze at the piano keys. 

" Oh. You are here. " a voice stifled her contemplation on Damien. It was Eden.

" Yeah. I send flowers and teabags from my Grandma. " she awkwardly stick her hands into the pocket of her jeans.

 Damien stood up from the chair and went towards Eden. " Oh.It's already 2 pm. You must be hungry. I'll go cook for you. " Damien disappeared to the kitchen after he glanced at the clock on the wall.

Eden rolled his chair towards Elira and took a glance at the vase that fill with fresh roses from Grandma's garden on the table.

" It's beautiful. I thought I'll never got a chance to see those anymore." he said.

" Have you eaten? If not we can have lunch together. "

" Yep. It's almost 3 and you're still not having your lunch. Don't forget to take your medicine on time. " Elfira worried.

" Have a sit." Eden offered her.

" Oh. I'm sorry I can't be here too long. Grandma will nag at me.  I need to go. See you again. "

" Yeah. Promise me that you will come again. " He lifted pinky finger.

" Yeah. I will. " she did same.

Damien set up the table with three sets of forks and spoons. He loosen the knot of the apron and sat it on the chair. " Eden. Come here and eat." he shouted from the kitchen.

Eden rolled his chair into the kitchen and sat at the table.

" Where is she? " Damien lifted his right eyebrow .

" She went home. Couldn't stay longer she said. " Eden cleared his throat.

Only 'oh' sound came out from Damien's mouth. Damien stared at the pan and sighed.I have made pasta for three portion actually. He thought.