Part 11

The sound of sudden knocks on the door almost made Elfira jumped off from her bed as she was texting her best friend,Lily in Canada. The door hauled open and she saw a face.

" Come and eat breakfast." Damien said then he closed the door.

" Hey, Efira come and sit here " a smiled caressed on Eden's face but his face was pale and lips were dry.

" Are you okay, Eden? "

" Oh, it's nothing. It's just my pain come again. I have to go to hospital today.My brother insist. " he smirked.

" I'll send you home on my way to the hospital." Damien interrupted in their conversation.

" Can I coming with you guys? You could use some help." Elfira put down her fork.

"No. You don't have. " Damien answered in cold voice.

"Oh, okay,then. " she stabbed the chocolate pancake and eat it. Eden shook his head and mouth at his brother." It's okay. We don't want to bother you. You must have a lot of things to do.You grandma also will get worry if you sudden follow us to the town. I'll inform you if my body hurt a lot so that you could come and heal me." Eden gave her a sweet smile.

After she had finished her breakfast she went to the sink to was her plate and Damien was there wiping plates.

" Thank you for breakfast and for letting me stay here last night. " She shifted her attention to Eden. " How's long he have been sick?"

There was a silence between them for a while. Damien lowered his head and let out an exasperated sigh. " After the accident.." he answered plainly. " He has tumour in his head.. " Elfira lowered her gaze. Both of them stared blankly outside the window letting their thoughts hanging in the air.

Eden rolled his chair towards Elfira and Damien who are still at the kitchen. She saw him and Eden titled his head gesturing her to follow him.

" Elfira I want to show you something nice.Come. " Elfira realised that Eden's face was very incandescent pale and his hands were shaky. She had a bad premonition about it but ignore as she thought the brightness of the lights from the sun that cast on him made him looked like that. They walked through a small hallway, there were pictures everywhere on the wall. The sound of her clattering shoes against the hardwood floors echoed and reverberated against the walls. Eden brought her to a room that full of books. The room was quite dark and dusty. She coughed a bit. Only a trickle of light beam through the window.

Her eyes scanning the titles book while walking along the dusty row of books. The floor still made the same noises as she walked pathway through the hall way.

" This is my mother's library. You both writers so this come across my mind to show you these. I hope you enjoy it! She always write her books here. Sometimes she forgot to cook us meal as she was busy finishing her writing. My father who is unlikely to cook, cook for us on that day... when I was 15 and Damien was 12. Father's Marinara was the worst pasta that we ever had on that day. After that,mother always cook us meal before she went to write. " Eden chuckled, showing his white gummy. " uhmm, sorry it's old memory. By the way I hope you don't disappoint that I brought you to this 30 years -old library. "

"No,It's great actually and awesome. I always want to have my own big library." she smiled. An old book with less dust caught her gaze and she read out the title. " Flute by Sophie Robert. " She took it.

" It was my mother's first published book. Damien love the book so much that he kept repeating reading it and carry the book when he was in college..."

She saw Eden was shaking, his lips were trembling and his face was ghastly white. Icy sweat trickled down his neck.

An electric pain from deep within flowed through his body, he began to feel dizzy and his vision became blurry and with that he passed out.

" Eden! Eden! Can you hear me?!! Eden?!! " she gave him a small slap on his cheeks.

" Damien!! Damien! "