Part 12 :Rain

Damien sat on the chair in front of emergency room and leaned forward.Ran his fingers through his sweaty hair. His face written with worry.It has been hours waiting.  Elfira cupped her face trying to calm herself from shed any tear. She never never imagined something like this will happen to people that close to her. It's gonna be okay.Everything is gonna be okay. She told herself.

" Damien, don't worry.He'll be fine."

" I hope so...but he kept vomiting recently and he always skipped his food. I asked him to go to the check-up with me but he always refused telling me that he is doing okay all the time..I can't let anything happen to him.I have no one any more in my life.  

She pat his shoulder.Peered at him more closely,his face was more pale and tired. His shirt was all wet from the rain when he was taking Eden into the car earlier.

Then,after a moment there was a doctor came out from the room. Damien stand up right away when he saw the doctor.

" How's my brother?

" We have him under CT scan and the result shows the cells grow aggressively caused tumour inside his brain spreading to another part of nerve cells. I'm sorry, we all trying our best here."

" You can do the surgery now. If you need the consent I can do it right now." Damien looked into the doctor's eyes.

"I'm afraid not.The best thing you can do is to stay beside him. " with that the doctor walked away. Damien gasped. He almost fall to his knee but Elfira helped him, supporting his body with all her might and she can't help but shed into tears...