Part 14: Coffee

Sunday

Elfira was standing at the garden in hospital yard,beside an oak tree, looking faraway at the people with white hospital cloak walking and talking to the patient's guardian. She guess that they were taking a walk. Being inside room all the time is not good either sometimes people need to seeking the mother 's nature and breathing fresh air outside. She saw a child ran happily with a blue balloon,her mother sitting on the wheelchair smiling and giggling at her child playing.

Her contemplation interrupted when a hand with a plastic cup of hot coffee caught her gaze that handing towards her. She looked up to see Damien twitched an awkward smile at her. She cupped her  fingers against the  cup, feeling the warm from it.

"Thank you for everything." Damien began. She just stood here and silenced, taking a sip from her cup.

" You are a good brother. I'm so envy that Eden has a brother like you. I wish I could have a brother too. " she made a flustered sound.

" I never been a good brother. If not he will never become like that. If I've had known earlier he could have a surgery."

" That's not your fault. You tried your best." 

" When are you leaving? " he asked.

"At 12 pm" she took a look at  her watch on left wrist. 

" Urmm..caffeine is really good especially on a day like this. How did you know I love cappucino ?" she turned her face to him.

" You always had that when you went to the cafe. How could I not have known that? " he mumbled as his face blushed when she looked at him. Elfira giggled at him and tucked her other hand inside the pocket of her khaki double breast jacket. He saw her tucking her hand inside the pocket so he began " Let's go inside. You'll catch a cold. "

" Ohh.. are you concerning about me? " she teased him.

" That's not it. I'm afraid  you don't want to leave if you catch a cold. You will clinging to me saying to take care of you " he scoffed.

" As if.." she puffed.

Damien and Elfira walked towards the entry door and went to Eden's room.

________________________________________________________________________________

Elfira placed a bouquet of various roses at the side of bed and took as seat beside Eden's bed. She took off  her jacket and put it aside the empty bed in the room.

" I'm sorry that I have to leave to the city back. "

"That is okay. You have work to do right.By the way you look so stunning today. I never saw you wear a dress before. You look great in it.You like it? It is not a waste for me to buy it for you right?"

"Of course. It's pretty. I love it. You don't really need to give me anything." she blushed.

" Aigoo.. It's not burden at all. I asked Damien to choose and buy it for you since you are helping us a lot. I didn't know that Damien had a good eye for things like this. " Eden nudged his brother arm and gave him a slight smirk. 

Elfira straightened her white dress. The situation was quite awkward for her as she felt she was not supposed to wear that dress as she is not used to dress. Her wardrobe was full of t-shirts and pants only. She always thought skirt never suits her but maybe it was not wrong for her wear them for quite some times.

Eden and Elfira had a good talk, while Damien some times broke in their conversations. Elfira took a fleet glance at Damien when he talked. She was quite mesmerised by his sharp features with dark brown eyes and full lips,everything is perfect for him. When he talked she love the fact that Damien talk a lot to her recently. He also being more open to her which she could understand some of his past and such.However,she had also some regret of not be able to be with them any more  since she did not know when she could be coming here back again.