Part 13 : I'll be with you forever

Damien sat beside Eden, handing him a spoonful of Lotus porridge.

" Haish, it is not like I cannot eat on my own. " 

" Keep quiet and eat while I'm being kind to you. " He joked and scoffed after that.

Eden open his mouth widely,acting like a kid that hungry  and eat porridge that Damien feed to him.He chuckled and then suddenly coughed,choking on his own food. Damien hurriedly stood up from his seat and him a glass of water.

"It's okay. I'm okay now." he rubbed his chest and smiled at his brother.

" Oh, we ran out of water." Damien lifted up the jug."I'll go get it'"

Elfira came through the door and put the vase of roses on the table beside Eden. She took the jug from Damien. " It's okay let me get the water for him." She walked out  from the room.

" But you just got here.." Damien mumbled that she cannot hear him. He nodded and sat again at beside Eden's bed.

" She is kind girl and pretty too,right?" You should go get her before it's too late. "  Eden took Damien's hand and touch his hand gently.

" It's not time to joke, Eden, " he rubbed Eden's hair. " Don't ever skip your meal in the future.I'll hate when you did that." he pouted.

" Hate me, then. " Eden made a duck face. " Damien.. I want you to chase your dream . Be a pianist that you've always dreamed of. I don't want see you suffer any more because of me.

" Don't say that.."

"and I've always wanted to hear the sheet that you play on your competition. You've won the competition so that I want to hear you play it..and I want you to be happy in the future don't let anything break you down again. Always remember any hardships that comes to you,those will make you strong. Don't bottle up your feelings any more if you sad you need to say it.  And don't act cold towards Elfira  "

" Eden..

  Damien cut his words before he could continue.  " Why? It is not like I'm making my last request."

" Okay..my sweet little boy Eden ." They chuckled.

Elfira stood behind the door before she went in,letting two siblings having their time together. She was touched by their conversation, she smiled to herself. Thinking she could be happy too if she have another sibling to talked to and yet she only have her grandmother and her uncle back there and she was grateful enough to have them both even though she could not see them often as she worked in the city.

" Why is she taking so long, by the way.?" Eden asked Damien. " Here she is.. "

Elfira went inside and pour the water into Eden's glass before putting it on the table. She stood there.

"Thank you, Elfira. Sorry to bother you. You must have a lot work to do." Damien spook.

" That's okay." she replied. Damien then excused himself to go to toilet.

" Your grandma's lotus porridge is really good. I gain my appetite  when I smell the aroma of the porridge." Eden leaned against his pillow, rubbing his belly.

" She said sorry that that she could not come today. "

" It's okay. She always come here with your uncle. She must be tired." 

Damien came back from the toilet and came with a small  blue pastel basin and a clean cloth.

" Let me do that." Elfira took the cloth and the basin from Damien.

" That's okay I can do this."  

" Damien, you didn't have your lunch yet, right? Go ahead and wash up and first. " she demanded him to go as she heard a sound of stomach's rumbling somewhere and she was sure it was Damien since he had been there since last night.

" That's true. That's why I smell something fishy on your body,Damien. Just do whatever she asked, okay??" Eden sip the water from his glass and almost spit them out when he Damien nudged his arm.

" Okay, then. " Damien flustered and with that he walked out from the room.

Elfira took a seat beside Eden and took his left hand. She wiped it with cloth diligently. Realizing that his hand getting more skinny and pale than she always seen.

" You have a good heart. I hope you always have a good life. I'm lucky to know you. You have taken care of me since last month. Sorry for the burden. " 

" No. That's okay. I'm sincere in helping you. You are my friend so of course I need to help you. You guys also have been helping me a lot in my writing. "

" Oh.  We did? " " Are you writing something about us ?" he asked in confusion.

"Uhhmm,...something like that.." she smiled.

" I heard that you will be leaving next Sunday to the city."

" Yeah. I have to submit my writing to my manager and meet him to discuss further details about it. " she soaked the cloth into the basin, and squeeze it before wiping his other hand.

" I hope your writing become a hit! Good luck! " Eden made a fist and throw it in the air.

" Of course.! " she laughed.