Part 9

Flash Back

  Leaves dance and whirled on the ground in a gust of wind. Long grasses whispered against Damien's leg. He could smell chilly air surrounded him. He sat down the bouquets of white roses against two gravestones engraved with names Edison Mark and Sophie Allison. The breath felt strangled in his lungs, he swallowed as hot tears stung his eyes and rolled down on his cheeks. A single tear slid down from his amber eyes, followed by another and another one until a salty stream flow it's way down on his cheek.

" I'm sorry Mom.. Dad. It was my fault. If I didn't insisted Mom, Dad and Eden to come all the way to watch my competition. All of these things will never happened. Eden would have never end up on living with wheelchair. 

He was sniffing into his sleeves as another tears flowing down, releasing his sorrow and sadness that he held inside of him all this time but still he did not make any sound.

Damien closed the cemetery's gate behind him and flung open umbrella towards air when a sudden trickle of rain caressed his face. A green painted bus passed over him and he walked until he saw a figure of a girl. She looked like she was in hurry dragging her roller bag. He quicken his steps and stop his pace when suddenly he saw she bent down to pick up her phone on the ground. He stood there, looking at her. His gaze caught hers, and she watched him as his eyes widened and quickly narrowed in what looked like he suprised. A drop of tears that still dwelling on his eye lashes kissed down his cheek when he blinked. 

Her eyes! He remembered those eyes.. hazel-brown eyes with long eye lashes that also belong to her mother as well. They were sparkling with delight and joy. He was mesmerised by the deep swirls that coloured  her pupils. His body quite shaken when he saw her smiling at him. He took a step closer and held his hand with umbrella to her.

" Take this. " he said in a low deep voice.

" How about you then? " she asked. Her sweet voice echoed his eardrums and somehow made his heart pounded against his chest.  He lowered his head and walked off after pulling over hoodie on his head. He took a glance behind him as he walked away from her, crossing the bridge.