Chapter 2

"~ You never truly know how damaged a person is until you try to love them."
-Unknown

Kang woke up the next morning before Candy did. He put his clothes on and kissed her in the cheek. He wrote her a note and put it on top of her phone.

I know you gone wake up with a head ache so I left you 2 Advil. Nothing happened last night if you was wondering. We both got drunk and sleep in yo bed. But anyways be ready by 7. I'm taking you to dinner and I aint trying to hear no other shit. Dress nice too.
-Kang

Yeah Kang knew he was lieing to her. He remembered everything that had happened the night before. He lied to her because he knew it will put him 10 steps further back than he already was with her.

He woke up Quan and told it was time for them to roll out. It was money that needed to be made.

~

"Please stop!" Candy begged

It was too late though. Brian had poured the boiling hot water on her.

Candy screamed out. She ain't never felt this type of pain before.

Brian came charging at her with a big ass knife in his hand. Candy took off running through the
apartment she shared with him, ignoring the pain.

"Brian stop!" She yelled over and over again.

She was finally able to grab her phone and run into the bathroom.

She locked the door and sat against it. She dialed the only person at knew will get here fast enough to save her.

"Open the fucking door Candy!" Brian yelled kicking the door.

Candy pressed the green call button, screaming. She was scared for life. Brian had been beating her for 6 months and she never said nothing to nobody.

Not because she didn't want but because she was scared for her life.

"Yoo" Quan voice finally boomed through the phone.

"You gotta help me--"

"Candy bring yo ass out here!" Brian on the other end of the door yelled at her still kicking the door.

The door was breaking and Candy knew it was a matter of time before he broke in the door.

"What the fuck is that Candy?" Quan yelled into the phone. He dropped everything he was doing grabbed Kang and was speeding towards Candy apartment.