Chapter 5

"Hate in your heart will only damage your soul."
-Unknown

2 months later

Candy

"So what you doing?" Kang deep voice ranged through the phone.

I guess it's safely to say that I finally gave him the time of the day. I wouldn't say we was dating. We was just vibin.

"Hold on."

I snatched my charger out of the wall and stuffed that and my wallet inside my big Gucci purse. I slid my work ID around my neck , pulged my headphones inside my phone then slid it into my back pocket.

"Sorry. I'm running late for work." I finally said once I put one of my headphones inside my ear.

"What time you taking your lunch?"

"Probably around 2 or 3. Why?"

"No reason."

I rushed out to my car after grabbing everything I needed from the house.

"Mhmm."

"Imma hit you up later on tonight though. Text me when you get off work." Kang said

"Okay."

I snatched the headphones out my ear and pulged in the aux cord. I turned on Jasmine Sullivan Insecure and started my journey to work.

Lilly

"Everything looks good Ms.Taylor. The baby is developing like it suppose to. If the baby allow us we should be able to find out the sex next appointment." Dr.Poe said smiling.

He was older man, around 50 years old. He been my doctor since I was 18 so, I trusted him.

"Any questions?"

I shook my head no and looked over at Quan who seemed more engaged in his phone then the doctor appointment.

"You can pick your pictures and your doctor summary up from the front desk. Be sure to make a appointment for your 5th month check up." He said walking out the door.

I slid off the table , grabbed my purse and stormed out the room.

I made my appointment, got my pictures and walked out the doctor's office. I didn't care to speak to Quan. In all honestly we haven't really  talked since I blow up on him 2 months ago.

Only reason he knew about my baby was because Candy ass was pillow talking with Kang and Kang ran back and told Quan.

"Slow down Lilly." Quan yelled.

I turned around on my tippy toes to see him running up behind me. Why? I don't know.

I turned back around and finish walking towards my car. I didn't have time for him today. I just wanted to get home and eat strawberry ice cream with dill pickles.

"Lilly please ." He begged grabbing my arm

"Talk to me baby."