Chapter 11

"Awnnn let me see him." Lilly grandmother coed over the 6 week baby.

Everybody was at Lilly house giving her a baby shower since she didn't have one when she was pregnant.

"What you name him?" She asked.

"Dontrell Dequan Davis." Lilly announced.

"How's his dad doing?" Her grandma asked.

"The doctors say his Brian activity is good. It's just up to him when he want to wake up."

"Imma pray for him."

"Thanks grandma." Lilly said kissing her grand cheek.

"Where Candy?" One of Lilly cousins said.

"Probably in the kitchen." Lilly answered.

~

After the baby shower, Lilly and Candy was cleaning up the little mess that her grandma and mother didn't clean up.

"When you going to tell him?" Lilly asked.

"Li if he don't know I'm pregnant by now then he dumb as a box of rocks. Word get around fast." Candy spoke.

"Plus, I'm not about to be chasing up after him. I was going out my way just for he can know about the baby but obviously he don't want to be bothered so what you expect me to do?" She continued.

"I went to the trap house, his house, I was texting and calling his phone. Li you know." Candy fussed.

"Yeah I know." Lilly said.

"You think he's going to act like this yo whole pregnancy?"

"No. I mean he's going to eventually come around and see I'm pregnant. He got alot of pressure on him too. I'm trying to be there for him but he would rather be with hoes." Candy explained.

It was true. The last time she saw Kang was the day Quan got shot. She knew that wasn't the time nor the place to tell him.

"Money said they suppose to be coming over tomorrow for Sunday dinner." Lilly told her.

"Okay."

"He said all the boys coming. Including Kang."

"Okay." Candy said again. She wasn't getting Lilly point. It wasn't like she was hiding her pregnancy from Kang.

"What we cooking tomorrow anyways? And what time you going to see Quan? I want to go." Candy asked.

"Around 11am and I don't know. Something simple." Lilly responded.

"Alfredo?" Candy afforded. That's been her craving throughout her pregnancy.

"I don't care. You cooking it." Lilly told her.

~

Sunday had arrived and everybody but Kang was at Lilly house.

"Candy I know it don't take that long to cook." Lil Shawn said coming into the kitchen.