1. We are Equestrians. We are Not Afraid.

1. We are Equestions.  We are Not Afraid

It's actually kind of amazing how comfortable we are around horses.  Think about it, most of us don't think twice about walking straight into a group of horses in a pasture, being in completely vulnerable positions where they could easily hurt us, even kill us.  Then we just as easily swing onto their backs, with no protection other than a helmet on our heads, and tell them what to do.  We communicate to 1500+ pound animals without words.  We kick, pull, teach them.  We teach them what our cues mean.  So much of an inch could make the difference between a stunning pirouette, and a sliding stop.  Even the simplest shifts in our seat can mean the difference between a slow trot and an extended canter.  Most of the time, we don't think twice about the dangers these animals can actually cause.  Even with a swing of their head, they can knock us out.  WE could be gone with one wrong move.  Even a saddle not fitting correctly can cause a horse to snap into a bucking spree, causing us to fly through the air.  Yet we think nothing of these dangers when we go to the pasture and get the creature we have learned is our best friend.  We think nothing of what could go wrong with one simple wrong move.  We are Equestrians, and we know the dangers that come with our sport yet we don't think twice as we're jumping a 3' course, running the barrels, or even on a leisure trail ride.  We are not afraid.