Gorgeous

Gorgeous

"This is the most ridiculous thing you've ever made me do!" Paige hisses at me, the annoyance obvious on her face. I shush her, eager not to give our concealed position away.

"No, it's not" I murmur back, my eyes firmly glued on the scene below us.

"This is crazy, and you know it! It's worse than that time you made us go as sexy salt and pepper for Halloween!" Paige complains, and I turn to look at her.

"Shush" I say, my index finger on my lips. With my other hand, I point down to the scene below us, trying to redirect her attention to the matter at hand.

There's a dinner table, with the diners sitting opposite each other. In front of one there is a plate of salad, and in front of the other there's a large plate of spaghetti.

One diner is picking at their food delicately with a fork, and the other is guzzling their food down with a spoon. I have to cover my mouth with my hand to stop from laughing.

"Ugh, Nathan is eating like a pig!" Paige comments, the disgust on her face obvious. I smirk. She clearly doesn't think he's hot now.

"He always eats spaghetti like that" I explain casually, wearing a smug expression. I peer through the railings of the balcony again.

After hearing my plan, Paige insisted we go home and change, claiming we wouldn't be accepted into Henrietta without wearing formal clothing. I'm currently in a fitted black dress and red heels, and Paige borrowed my jade green dress and some black heels.

There's still paint in my hair, and I only had time to put a little makeup on before we had to dash out of the door. I wanted to make sure we arrived before Bella and Nathan so we'd have plenty of time to find a decent hiding spot.

Our outfits would be fine if we weren't crouched on the floor of the balcony of Henrietta, on our hands and knees, peering through the railings at Nathan and Bella having dinner below.

Usually Henrietta is very prestigious; I'm surprised they're letting us do this. Although truth be told, we only got in because Paige went out with one of the waiting staff last year.

The upstairs balcony is usually intended for strictly staff only, but Paige seemed to have the waitress wrapped around her little finger. I'm grateful, because we have an optimum view of the dinner scene below.

"It's still gross. I don't know how Bella is putting up with it" Paige comments, adjusting her position on the floor, tugging her dress back down.

"I wonder what they're saying" I think out loud, and Paige gives me a withered look.

"If you'd have let us sit at a nearby table we'd be able to find out" Paige reminds me, and I snort, rolling my eyes.

"And give away the fact we're here? No chance" I remind her, and peer back through the railings at them.

"You know, when you said you wanted to come to Henrietta, I thought you were going to confront Nathan in a rom-com-esque manner. I didn't think you wanted to spy on him" Paige scolds, but I don't respond, too engrossed in watching my history teacher and my cousin chuckle over the main course.

Nathan says something, and I watch Bella laugh. He's wearing the cheesy grin on his face as per usual, not his real smile, but the one he usually parades around in.

"Do you think they're having a good time?" I ask Paige. Something in my voice makes her sigh, and she gives me a half-smile.

"I wouldn't be if I was sitting opposite Nathan demolishing that spaghetti" Paige jokes, and I chuckle at her comment. "How long do we have to stay here for?"