Until the End of the World

Six Months Later

I'm sitting at the table in our kitchen, casually munching my way through the ham sandwich I made for lunch. About three bites in I wish I'd opted for something more exciting, but there's nothing I can do about it now.

The flat seems to buzz because of how quiet it is. I'm the only one home at the moment, Nathan is at work until later in the afternoon. I take another bite of my sandwich and flick the page of the magazine I'm reading.

I'm waiting for Bella to call me. Apparently, she has gossip. She rings me a couple of times a week to keep me up to date with what's happening in Brightmore, and also her own exciting life.

Honestly, I think it's more for her benefit than mine, I think she enjoys having someone to brag to. And while I don't think Bella and I will ever get past the bickering stage in our relationship, it's nice to speak to her. I suppose.

She was supposed to call me half an hour ago, but her being fashionably late isn't anything too extreme.

I cross my legs on the chair, enjoying the peace and serenity. That is until the front door bursts open and in runs Nathan, his hair sticking up all over his head like he's being electrocuted.

Clearly, he's been running his hands through it a lot.

He closes the door behind him, chattering a thousand miles a minute, far too quickly for me to catch any of what he's saying.

"Woah, calm down!" I laugh, and he attempts to take a seat beside me but in his excitement, he completely misjudges and ends up sort of hovering his leg in the air. "Start again, what are you trying to say? Did one of the kids mistake you for someone famous again?"

"No, it's even better than that!" Nathan informs me, and he finally manages to take a seat beside me, catching his breath.

Without asking, he reaches over to my plate and picks up the other half of the ham sandwich, which honestly, I'm kind of relieved about because I didn't want to eat it. It just means I can make something more interesting now.

"What are you doing home this early?" I ask, checking the time on the clock on the wall "You don't normally come home for lunch"

"I was going to call you but this was too exciting to tell you over the phone" Nathan insists, and he's practically buzzing because of how excited he is. I can't help but smile at his enthusiasm.

"Go on then, out with it" I say, gesturing for him to take the stage.

"Hang on, first things first" Nathan begins, and leans forwards to place his lips to mine for a long kiss. He pulls away and wiggles his eyebrows at me. "Hello"

"Hello" I reply with a giggle, and he reaches across the table for my hand "Come on then, what is this news?"

"The local cinema is doing a one-night special showing of Labyrinth" Nathan beams and I blink at him for a second.

"That's what you ran all the way home to tell me?" I smile, and he blushes a little. I give him a coy look. "You're so cute"

"No, I am the Goblin King. Fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave" Nathan brags, puffing out his chest, and I raise an eyebrow at him. "If that's okay with you"

"It's perfectly okay with me" I laugh, pressing my lips to his briefly "I think it'll be nice though, we can all go see it. Maybe even take Grammy if she's visiting"

"Will she be down then? It's in a couple of weeks" Nathan informs me and I nod, taking a sip of my drink.

"She should be. I'll mention it to Paige when I see her tonight and we can try and arrange something" I suggest, and Nathan nods enthusiastically.