Did You Know...?

Where I share some little unknown facts about the behind-the-scenes construction of Working With Red

- characters 

- plot

- inspiration 

- etcetera 

* * * 

Did you know? 
- Working With Red was originally written as a Red Arrow x OC; the OC was actually supposed to be Adrienne from my Young Justice fanfiction, Into the Shadows

Did you know? 
- The main love "geometry" in Working With Red was originally between Roy Harper, the reader, and Jason Todd. There was a lot of necessary rewriting to fit it to Dick Grayson for age purposes (and plot). 

Did you know? 
- My first graphic novel was Watchmen when I was eleven years old. It sparked my love for comics, DC in particular. 

Did you know?
- I create comic memes with my original characters to help get through periods of writer's block. I'm considering a separate Instagram or Wattpad book with these drawings. 

Did you know? 
- I was a Cartoon Network kid. Batman: The Animated Series, Young Justice, and Teen Titans were my favorite television shows. My first fictional loves (other than Danny Phantom from Nickelodeon) were Roy Harper--every single one of him--and Dick Grayson. We will never discuss how jealous twelve-year-old me was of Jade, Zatanna, and Barbara. *facepalm*  

Did you know? 
- Aryn Moore (the main character in the WWR webcomic) and Zenith Crowley were both based on me, the writer, in different time periods in my personal life. 

Did you know?
- Zayne Crowley's name was originally "Zander." 

Did you know?
- Zayne was supposed to be mute instead of Zenith, who was supposed to be the boy-crazy psychopath instead of Elizabeth. 

Did you know? 
- Zenith's original design was the first finished drawing I'd ever made of myself as a superhero back in 2015. I redrew her suit for the webcomic, but her image was kept the same from the original sketch. Even when she had no name, she is, to date, the oldest original character I have mentioned in a published work besides Nira Yulmir, who was drawn around the same time. 

Did you know? 
- Three characters from WWR were redesigned with specific friends and family in mind: Stiletto (webcomic), Nira, and Dieter "Jackson" Albis. Though Poison Ivy's personality and character is based on my mother (as mentioned in Forewords), Stiletto's design in the WWR webcomic was strongly based on a mix between my mother as a young adult and one of my best friends. Like Zenith, Nira's image was kept the same from the original sketch, though I redesigned her suit to fit the story. Her coloration and attitude are based on another one of my closest friends. Finally, Jackson is based on my grandfather, in personality, mannerisms, and attitude. Do with that information what you will, lmao.

Did you know?
- Every time I published a chapter of WWR in its early publication, I made my stepmother reread the chapter and give me constructive criticism. Mind you, she knows nothing about DC comics outside of the CW television shows.  

Did you know? 
- I dressed up as Red Arrow for Gem State Comic Con 2023. My dream cosplay is Nightwing with full armor, kali, and blue electric detailing. 

Did you know? 
- Silus is my least favorite character in WWR. Don't ask me why; I created him. 

Did you know? 
- Lindsey Albis, Jackson's niece, was originally supposed to be a quiet, mission-oriented character with social anxiety, rather than a wild, sporadic, homicidal-maniac-like teenager. 

Did you know?
- I absolutely hated the Sacramento arc. It was something I wrote back in 2020 that I never planned on expanding, but now it's become such a huge plotline that I have to make sure it is executed with PRECISION. 

* * * 

I regularly add onto this chapter if I think of other fun facts. Let me know if you guys have any questions, and feel free to comment. 

GalaxyMari