i

leigh hanson

"oh my god, i've been hearing all day how hot he is." riley drones on, twirling her hair on her finger. when we step inside the classroom, there's no hot teacher in sight.

riley and i claim two seats in the front of the room, and i sit, listening to everyone else talk around me.

"where is he?" she squeals, looking around frantically.

"calm down."

"i demand to see this god that everyone-" she stops when the new english teacher walks in the room. he walks up to his desk, standing behind it as we all take our chosen seats, staring at him.

the morning announcements come on, and he sits down in his rolling chair, going through some papers. he takes his glasses off once the announcements are over, and he looks at all of us.

"good morning everyone. welcome to a new school year, and my name is mr. dolan. today we're going to start off class my introducing ourselves." his voice catches me by surprise.

we got throughout the room, most people lazily saying their names and one fact about them. after each one, mr. dolan gives a small nod and smile of satisfaction. is this his first year of teaching?

"hey." riley nudges me, and that's when i notice everyone looking at me.

it's my turn.

"hey, i'm leigh hanson and uhhhh, i like skittles." when i sit back down, my cheeks become hot. why would i say that i like skittles? out of all things.

but it seems that his smile lasts a little longer after my introduction.

♡♡♡♡
yo yo yo