xv

leigh hanson

"alright, tell me what the fuck is going on with you." riley demands when we sit, and that's when my heart stops for a moment. where's mr. dolan?

"what do you mean?" i ask, tipping my head to the side.

"you've been absent lately hun, it's pretty obvious." she huffs in frustration. my shoulders slouch forward when i realize that grayson isn't here today, and the substitute teacher takes a seat in his chair.

"nothing is going on, okay? like i said, i've just been going home after school because i've been worn out." in my head, i'm praying she buys the excuse. riley glares at me as the announcements are said on the p.a. system.

"you're lying." she whispers.

"attention!" the cranky old lady at the front of the class yells, making us all nearly jump out of our seats.

at lunch, i can feel riley staring at me as i her ready to text grayson. texting my teacher, that's a great reputation to have. let alone, being nearly intimate with my teacher.

where are you??

i shoot the text before giving my best friend my full attention.

"you are such a bad liar." she amuses, pursing her lips before taking a drink of her water.

"i'm not lying about anything."

"you and mr. dolan have something going on. just tell me already." riley groans, dramatically falling against the table.

"we do not! that is enough about this!" i cry to her, slamming my palm on the table. that shuts her up and her lips turn into a thin line as she stares at me.

got sick overnight. i'm not well enough to come to school, sorry baby

riley's onto us

it'll be okay

by the way, we probably shouldn't see each other until i'm better

a frown forms on my face, but riley is too busy flirting with guys on the other side of the cafeteria to notice. but just the thought of him can turn my mood around.

suddenly, i smile, nearly giggling just by thinking of him. his laugh, his smile, the gentle way he touches me and the way he looks at me. he's all i could ever want. i really see it now.

♡♡♡♡
yoooo babes ily. i'm sitting in geometry class, wbu?