xiv

leigh hanson

"it really was a good book." i tease, biting my lip and smiling as i talk to grayson on the phone.

"we've been talking for four hours and exams are tomorrow." he tells me.

"so? by the way, you never told me your surprise."

"well i can't tell you, otherwise it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it?"

"tell me." i whine. i decide to get up and change into pajamas for the night.

"nope- hey, what's that noise?"

"oh, i'm just getting pajamas. you probably just heard my dresser drawers." i strip from my leggings and t-shirt, putting on a pair of yoga shorts.

"oohhh, i wanna see." i can hear the smirk in his voice, and i decide to take the phone off of speaker.

"absolutely not!" i shriek, and raina happened to hear me. for a twelve year old, she can be pretty stealthy.

"absolutely not, what?" my sister asking, placing herself on my bed, holding my stuffed tiger in her arms, messing with the whiskers.

"nothing, raina," i roll my eyes.

"i gotta go, gray." i go back to my phone conversation.

"i'm counting on you to ace that english exam and prove that i'm actually a good teacher."

"the best." i smile before hanging up. i turn my attention to my little sister, glaring at her. i steal the tiger from her and shoo her from my room.

"what are you doing up at eleven at night, anyway?" i question as i'm attempting to push her out the door.

"mom and dad went to bed." she shrugs.

"well now it's time for you to go to bed."

"what about you?"

"you don't worry about me." i assure. i close the door before she has a chance to say anything else. i give out a sigh before trudging over to my bed, hiding myself under the covers until my dreaded alarm goes off.

♡♡♡♡
thanks for reading! drop a comment ;)