xvii

leigh hanson

when i roll out of bed on monday morning, my head hurts. my entire body hurts. when i cough, my throat feels like there's a fire in it.

you got me sick

i shoot the text to grayson, closing my eyes for another moment before standing up. i look at myself in the mirror, and i even look bad. i frag myself into my closet, throwing on a hoodie that gray gave me, and a pair of leggings.

"bye mom." i pull my bag onto my shoulder, muttering to my mom.

"are you okay, honey?" a look of concern is suddenly on her face and she rushes to inspect me.

"i'm fine. i'm gonna be late if i don't get going." i kiss her cheek and make my way out the door, starting up my car.

when i walk into my first hour class, i put my books on the desk, slumping into the chair tiredly. riley isn't here, and so i'm the only one in the room. that's when grayson comes in and he's looking down at his phone. i chuckle as he nearly runs into the wall.

"oh, hi," he looks up with a start, his eyes scanning me up and down.

"i was just about to text you." he sits on his desk that only a couple feet from mine. i raise my eyebrows in a mute response, closing my eyes.

"i see you feel better." i rasp, and when i hear how scratchy my voice is, my eyes widen.

"and i see you feel worse."

"this your fault, you know."

"you shouldn't have- oh, hi, mrs. field." my freshman year english teacher comes in, handing mr. dolan a folder holding a stack of papers.

"if you need any more copies, let me know." she says, and he shoots her a quick smile as she walks out the door. he begins focusing on the papers and he writes down lots of things, leaving me with my thoughts.

a flash of the other night comes to mind, and i'm suddenly imagining him in nothing but his boxers.

"you okay?" mr. dolan is smirking at me when i look up, and i realize that the classroom is full and he's calling role.

"perfectly fine."

♡♡♡♡
ooohhh it's gonna get more interesting from here