xxiii

grayson dolan

when i walk into my classroom on monday morning, holding a stack of tests, riley and leigh both look at me like they were expecting me.

"good morning girls." i clear my throat, putting the papers on my desk, getting them ready to be handed out today.

"are those our tests?" riley eagerly asks, and i see leigh scowl at her, and she opens her mouth as if she wants to say something, but can't.

i nod, and she scurries over by me, pulling her shirt down to show more cleavage. she knows that i've taken notice, but becomes more provocative as she shuffles through the papers, looking for the one with her name scrawled on it.

"i know i'd get a good grade mr. dolan. i just knew it." she smiles, but leans so close to me that i can smell her perfume and we're so close that we could kiss. just as i thought, she leans forward, ready to kiss me anyhow.

"enough!" leigh cries out, coming behind riley to grab her arms, pushing her away from me. that's when i see that she's been crying. oh how i just want to pull her into my arms, kiss her over and over again, and tell her that everything will be okay as long as we're together.

"leigh, are you alright? should you go to the nurse?"

"she knows, grayson, okay. she knows about us," her tone turns into a hushed whisper when she points to her best friend.

"and she told me she wouldn't tell you if she got kiss you. which now that i say it out loud, wow that sounds so stupid."

"what? i never said that, leigh. you're insane." riley protests.

"now, you're the one who's lying, riley." leigh menacingly says, crying even more. my eyes flick to the clock. ten minutes until class starts.

"oh, please. how long has this been going on anyway?"

leigh looks at me as if to say, do something you idiot. but i had no idea where to even start. when neither of us said anything, riley continues.

"i could easily get you thrown in jail, grayson."

"mr. dolan is fine, riley. and i would really appreciate it if you kept quiet about what goes on between leigh and i."

"besides it isn't like we had sex or anything." leigh mutters, looking down at the floor.

"oh my god, are you serious? i figured you would've at least-"

"that's enough of this. leigh, give me your phone," i outstretch my hand, and the girl looks at me as if i'm crazy. reluctantly, she trusts me, putting the iphone in my palm. i unlock it, knowing the password, and i delete my contact as if it was never there.

"riley, you don't have to worry about is seeing each other anymore. leigh and i are finished."

leigh lets out a whimper, sounding as if she was a dog. i will never forget the look on her face or how much she cried as she ran to the bathroom as fast as she could.

♡♡♡♡
now i don't like riley, oops