Chapter Five

*Comfort Comes From Odd Places*

… … …

Willow's Pov

Over the two hours that Arik and I shared, I've got to say is the best time of my life. We asked each other questions. We were basically talking about sweet and sour, how are our family was doing. (A/N just wondering if anyone made a reference yet... Guess not. )

"So I've got one younger sister. I love her a lot. "Arik told me.

"Her name is Emmalia and one time she... "Arik launched into a hilarious story of how he chased away the 'perverted guy ' lurking outside his sister's house when he came to visit. So, the 'perverted guy' was actually her sister's new boyfriend and she was about to introduce her boyfriend to him.

"Oh. My. Gods! Did you really do that? " I was hugging my sides as they were sore from laughing so hard.

I could hardly remember the last time I laughed so hard that tears came to my eyes.

Oh wait. I do remember. It was him. He made me laugh that hard.

I sobered up at that thought. Tears welled up in my eyes. They were falling down my face now.

"What's wrong? "Arik looked at me worriedly.

I couldn't reply him. My throat tightened. Arik rushed over to my side.

I hug my sides. However, this time, it was not because of me about to die of laughing too hard. It was to contract the gapping hole in my chest. One that can never be closed, sealed shut.

"Willow. Calm down. "Placing his hands on my shoulders to offer me comfort but it only seems to remind me more if him.

My shoulders rocked to and fro. My petite body was shaking.

Arik tried to offer me more comfort by wrapping his arms around me.

I was hyperventing again. I tried to think of happier thoughts. Like me. Right here. With Arik by my side. I soon stopped rocking myself and graduately calmed down.

~•~•~•

~_End_~

Word count: 398
Damn. It's a short one.

So... Hey guys. Do y'all like this chapter?

Please do not hesitate to comment, vote and follow me.

Peace,
Livi. 🐼🐼🐼