Chapter 13

*Pancakes, Blueberries And Whipped Cream... Yum! *

QOTC: What was the last thing you ate before reading this chapter.

Ans: 🍲🍱🍘🍙🍚Sushi. It was my dinner. 🍣🍛🍜🍢🍤🍥

It's currently 2.53am where I'm from and looking at the tittle and the Japanese food emojy, I'm getting kinda hungry...

Word count: 654

Willow

"Yum... "I sighed blissfully. The pancakes were yummy and the coffee was fragrant. Perfect way to wake up on a Saturday.

"So, do you like the new coffee? "Arik's anxious voice snapped me out of my blissful daydream.

"It was just yum. Its so fragrant how did you do that? " I wondered out loud.

"Well, I just combined a couple of my favourite coffee beans together and with some fresh milk, boom. The coffee with a new taste." Arik scratched the nape of his neck.

(Do correct me if I'm wrong because I don't know much about coffee handmade like these. I'm more of a 'Ice Blended' kinda girl these days. 😂)

After listening to Arik's explanation, I humed appreciatively. "I'm so glad I met you. "I sighed blissfully.

I sniffed once. Then twice. "Is that. Is that. "I gasped. "Oh my gosh. It's blueberry pancakes with wipe cream! "I eyed the plate in front of me as my stomach growled loudly. Its been some time since I had eaten. I mean. 17hours is a long time.

"You made this? "I asked Arik. With a nod of his head, I narrowed my eyes at him. "Didn't you say you couldn't cook? "I questioned him but my mouth was actually watering for a taste for those yummy yummy pancakes.

I watched him gulpe as his adams apple bobbled up and down. Arik seemed to be very nervous for some reason.

He's eyes adverted mine. "Yeah well I can only cook pancakes. It's a family recipe so it's the only thing that I can cook. I mean since o really want to open a café, I should be able to cook at least a few café dishes. For example, I can bake cookies and cook pancakes. "

My neck prickled. Arik wasn't telling me the truth. You see, I have an uncanny ability to be able to tell if someone is stating the truth or not. That's how I found out about them.

But with Arik, I just shrug it off. There's something with him that makes me trust him and feel at ease with him.

"What ever, these pancakes looks really really good though. Can I... "I trailed off licking my lips while starring at the stack of pancakes in front of me.

Not really patient to wait for his reply, I gorged myself in the delicious goodness.

"Ahhh... "A statisfied feeling washed over me. Patting my full stomach. "Best breakfast ever. "I said. "You know, I don't mind waking up like this every day. "

"Yeah. Me too. "Arik said while brushing the shaggy banks off his of his eyes.

I smiled contently. I wouldn't mind dying like this. In haven. Arik burst out laughing as I had unknowingly spoken out loud. "Shit. "My red cheeks were the only evidence do my embarrassment.

Dit. Dit. Dit. Arik looked at his phone once he had finally stopped laughing at me

He stood up. "You're going? "I asked as I tried yo keep the disappointment from creeping into my voice. "Yeah. Sorry. But breakfast was fun. "He said.

I stood up while as nodding. It was fun. I walked Arik to the door.

"Bye! "I smiled at him.

"See you tomorrow. Bye! "Arik walked away before I could comprehend what he had said.

A minute later, I was still standing at my door. "What was that?" I muttered to myself.

-End-

Hope you guys enjoyed that. Please smash that little star ⭐ it would mean so much to me.

Thanks for reading! Until next time.

Peace!
Livi 💖💖💖