One of the People

Morning came and the three of us were getting prepared to link. Grace, Norm and Trudy were waiting for us to finished.

"I'm proud of ya Sullys, you deserve to be part of that clan"

Trudy said and Jake gave her a proud grin. Tom and Norm shook hands "I must admit Tom, I'm jealous" Norm admitted with a grin "Don't take this personally. I don't want to have enemies. Just when I am going to be initiated" Tom joked.

Grace watched them interact and felt a sense of pride knowing they would finally be initiated and finally become part of the clan after everything they have been through.

She only wished that the RDA won't ruin this.

***

Once I was linked to my avatar, I felt someone shaking me. I opened my eyes to see Tsu'tey looming over me with an irritated expression.

"Why must you be late in this day?"

I rolled my eyes before sitting up on my nivi and glaring at him " No need to get upset over that hot head. We still have a few hours before -" Tsu'tey pulled me up before I could finish before dragging me towards where the weavers are.

"We must get you ready before the final test!"

***

It took a long time for me to be prepared and I saw Jake and Neytiri with Ni'nat and Tom. They were all heading towards an underground spiral root.

Tsu'tey came and his eyes roamed to my figure before grasping me by the hand "Let us go, we must get you painted" I let him drag me to where Jake, Neytiri, Tom and Ni'nat were.

Tsu'tey held up a clay bowl with white liquid. I paled "Do not tell me that stuff is going to my face" I heard Jake chuckle "Its going to be in your whole body sis and to tell you the truth, Its Cold" A whack came followed by Neytiri mumbling out "Skxawng"

Tsu'tey dipped his two fingers and slowly started to paint me. You know what I feel? I feel like a canvass being displayed in front of the artist to put blotches on me.

Yet, Tsu'tey's touch was soothing and more than once I found myself shuddering which Tsu'tey reacted by tensing up before continuing with an intense gaze.

Is it me or is the place starting to get hot?

I mentally shook my head and almost sighed in relief once Tsu'tey finally finished painting me. He stood up as did I, Jake and Tom were already heading towards an entrance to a small, dim lighted room and I followed after them.

Tsu'tey, Neytiri and Ni'nat weren't far behind as they watched us stand in the center of the circle of Na'vi. Mo'at started speaking some Na'vi ritual language which I don't know but I could tell it is important. Forcing back a shudder, I opened my mouth as did Jake and Tom when Mo'at placed glowworms on our mouths.

Don't Spit It Out! 

I mentally had that mantra for at least two minutes before I felt pain wrack over my body and my vision start to blur. I could hear Jake and Tom screaming like me in pain and I wondered if a Na'vi ever died in a Dream Hunt. I suddenly gasped when flashes of colors came and I fond myself standing somewhere in a forest.

The scent of smoke and death filled my nose and chills ran up to my spine. I heard the mighty roar of a toruk and I blindly tried to find the source only to stumble upon something that might give any child a nightmare.

A barren wasteland was all I could see along with dead bodies and the smoke was emitting from it. The roar sounded much closer now, I looked up and saw the toruk flying above the ashes of Pandora.