Saving Grace

Meanwhile, in the Tree of Souls, the Na'vi were singing help for Eywa to overcome the sorrow that had befallen them. One particular Na'vi princess was singing not only for her people but for her mate and herself as well.

When she had left his body in the path of flames, she felt no regret only anger, pain and betrayal. However, Ni'nat's words and her very own faith and trust in her mate sent Neytiri to release all the anger she had only to be left by sorrow and the life of loneliness she had placed herself in for her lack of faith.

Only her Jake could end this pain.

A dark shadow loomed over her, blocking out the sun and when she opened her eyes, fear courses through her as she stepped back.

Toruk swooped down and was heading towards the people, the Na'vi screamed in fear as another toruk swooped down. They both landed side by side and gave of one, thunderous roar.

A person was sitting on each toruk and she was stunned to see one of them that was oh so familiar to her.

One of them was her Jake.

There he stood beside toruk with his sister as he slowly patted the beast's head. Her heart leapt out to him as she made her way down.

He slowly made his way to her as the people parted like the sea. Emersyn stayed behind to watch the scene unfold. As he neared her, she noticed one thing that was missing.

Where was his smile?

Where was the smile that laughed in the face of a dangerous task? Where was the carefree smile she always see when he accomplished a task? Where was the smile that made her fall in love with him?

Where was her Jake?

Silence reigned in before she spoke, her voice breathy "I See You" She saw his lips twitch and her heart leapt.

"I See You"

He answered back, his voice thick with emotion as he slowly slid his arms to her as if he was afraid she would run away.

But she stayed and it there she vowed to never leave this male nor doubt him ever again.

***

I watched as Jake and Neytiri had their little moment, hearing thundering footsteps of a pa'li, I turned to see Tom and Ni'nat coming. I held back a grin when Tom's mouth gaped at the sight of the two toruks and it was then I realized this was the first time in Na'vi history to ever have TWO Toruk Maktos.

My gaze went back to Jake and Neytiri before they landes on Tsu'tey who had an unreadable expression on his face. Jake's words made him lose contact from me and I took that time to walk towards them.

The Na'vi stared at me as I walked towards them and I kept my face as neutral as possible. Once I reached Jake, he was already waiting for Tsu'tey to accept him, accept us.

Tsu'tey took a step back, his face filled with uncertainty and a flash of pain went through me before I forced it down. It was around that time the toruks roared and spread their wings as if to remind us all of their presence.

"Toruk Makto..."

Tsu'tey trailed off before sighing and placing a hand on Jake's chest "I will fly with you" I smiled as did Jake before he spoke gravely.

"My friend is dying, Grace is dying"

Mo'at and Neytiri paled at the mention of their tawtute friend dying "We beg the help of Eywa" I said "Bring her to me" Mo'at immediately said and Jake didn't hesitate to go back to his toruk and fly away towards the hidden shacks.