The Hunt

I woke up early, ate my breakfast and linked up with my avatar while the others were snoring their asses off. Grace had slept in where Norm was sleeping because a certain "male" was sharing a bed with a female pilot.

Waking up in my nivi, I smelt something strong and masculine next to me. With my senses slowly sharpening, I held back a startled scream to see a familiar warrior's face very close to me.

Tsu'tey...

How?!
What?!
Shit?!

Thoughts swirled in my mind as Tsu'tey slept away. How can he sleep at a time like this?!?!

My brain wracked up what had happened that I ended up sleeping here with Tsu'tey but my mind was in mush of the booze I just had last night.

Damn drunkenness!

I scooted away from Tsu'tey for me to move away but his arm shot out and held me in a vice grip. Fate really must have given me bad luck.

I bit my lip and watched his facial features. His scowl was gone and a serene look was present on his face and I found myself entranced.

This was the male that pushed me to the limit, the male that made me go wild with rage, and the male that I - HOLD IT! I'm treading dangerous steps here, I can't fall in love with Tsu'tey or any male in the Omatikaya. I'm a tawtute, a sky person and Tsu'tey's enemy.

I sighed, looks like I wasn't going anywhere in the meantime. I closed my eyes and just take in the sounds of the forest in the morning.

***

Back in Site Sector 26, Tom and Jake had recently woke up and saw their sister's link pod already running. Tom yawned and ate his breakfast while Jake took out a Na'vi language book and began to read.

"I didn't take you to be the nerdy type" Tom joked but when he saw the seriousness in Jake's eyes, he knew something was up.

"Is something wrong Jake?" Jake looked at his triplet brother and opened his mouth to answer when he shut it again "I think its best if Emmy were the one to hear this" Tom nodded slowly.

"Well, you can talk to her in your avatar form, she's linked up"

Jake nodded and munched down on his meal before wheeling himself to the link pod and linking himself in.

***

Jake shot up from his nivi and walked towards his sister's hammock only to find something that might just plague his mind for hours.

"Sis!..."

Jake whispered harshly, making the avatar in front of him open her eyes and looked at Jake pleadingly. Jake waved his arms wildly as he gestured to Tsu'tey's arms around his sister

"Don't even..."

Emersyn growled out. Jake shut his mouth and the two siblings froze when Tsu'tey was showing signs of waking up.

Emersyn gestured Jake to meet her below and a hesitant brother walked away, glancing back every often at his sister.

***

I waited for Tsu'tey to actually wake up but all he did was shift and go back to sleep. Are you kidding me?! The sun I almost up and I could hear some Na'vi start their daily chores.

"Tsu'tey...hey Tsu'tey!" I called and shook him "SKXAWNG!" I screamed and his eyes shot open and his hand went up to choke my throat.