Toruk Makto

Norm linked up on his avatar and immediately linked two shacks with link pods to Trudy and Tom's choppers.

"Norm you good?"

Jake's voice sounded against the radio and Norm made a motion to pull up "Bring it up!" Trudy immediately called back.

"Hold tight we're pulling in"

Norm held on as they started to float "Your clear!" Norm said as they safely flew away with the shacks in tow.

***

While Jake was busy ordering Tom and Trudy where to go, I took my time trying to lessen the pain and give Grace painkillers.

"Ouch..."

Grace spoke as I injected a few painkillers. Maker turned to look at her "You big baby..." I shook my head, those were Neytiri's words when she taught Jake.

"We're moving?.."

Grace asked and Jake nodded "Don't worry, I'll find some help" Grace gave us a pained smile "I'm a scientist, I don't believe in fairy tales" I shook my head "The people can help you Grace" Grace gave us a confused look.

"Why would they help us?..."

Jake and I looked at each other, not knowing how to answer that.

***

The people say, Eywa will provide. With no home, no hope. There was only one place they could go.

Trudy and Tom slowly descended to the thick branches and trees. Tom hopped out of the chopper to one of the shacks while Norm immediately unlinked his avatar for Jake to use.

"So what's the plan Jake?"

Norm asked but Jake shook his head "There's no plan" Norm gave him a stunned look "Tsu'tey's Olo'eytkan now. He's not going to let you near that place" I turned to him with my exo pack on to transfer to the other shack.

"He will, trust me"

***

Ni'nat had stayed behind while the others flee from the fall of Hometree, she could not bear to lose Tom.

Neytiri had told her to leave him but Ni'nat remained firm, saying if he was a betrayer, he wouldn't have warned them what would happen and they would all be killed.

Now, she lay with him against the roots of old Hometree and sighed "Ma Tom, please come back to me..." A lone tear trailed down from her face before someone wiped them away.

"No tears ma tìyawn (Dear love)"

Tom softly spoke and Ni'nat gasped and smiled with happiness, love and relief "I thought Eywa has taken you from me when you never wake and Emersyn warned me of you in trouble before she fell too"