Gone

Chandler ran out on the streets of New York and frantically looked both left and right, but Cameron was nowhere to be seen.

He has been out all night and Monica was starting to get worried. She called his cell over and over again but it just went straight to voice mail.

Finally, on the fourth ring he picked up. "I can't find him anywhere." Chandler said, worried as he looked up and down the empty streets.

"Honey, it's getting late. Why don't you come home and we'll call the police, maybe they could help us look for him. I'm sure Cam went back home or to a friends house."

Chandler sighed "You're probably right. I'll be home soon."

There was something that worried Chandler the most and never seemed to ease up. No matter how hard he tried to get Cameron to keep up in school he still managed to have trouble. Most of the time he figured his life back at home was the solution because when he was with him Cameron could do any problem within a few minutes. This wasn't fair, Cameron didn't deserve any of this, he was a fantastic kid.

Chandler felt the cold breeze run through his body as he stood there thinking of any other place he might be. The chilly night caused him to see his breath in the darkness as he looked down the street once more just waiting for that moment he might appear.

But nothing came.

The weekend went by and Chandler hasn't seen nor heard from Cameron. He wasn't too worried, but once Monday came around and Cameron didn't show for school, Chandler began to panic once more.

He went back to his apartment and got the phone book out as he began to dial all the foster homes in the city.

"I'm sorry, we can't give you that information..."

"Sorry, I'm afraid we can't tell you..."

"No, and nor have I heard of a Cameron..."

Chandler kept calling but got nothing. He crossed off the ones he already called with a few left to go he was beginning to lose hope that they would say the same things the others did "Hello, this is Chandler Bing speaking, do you have a Cameron Miller staying in your residents?" He asked, hopeful.

The lady sighed "I'm sorry Sir, who are you?"

"I'm Mr. Bing, his math teacher. He wasn't at school today and I was wondering what the cause was?"

"Cameron Miller left earlier this morning." She informed him

"Do you know where I might find him?" Chandler was at the edge of his seat

The lady speaking to Chandler felt that it was not a good idea giving out personal information to a practical stranger.

"Please," Chandler begged "I need to find him."

She finally accepted after a brief hesitation and gave Chandler the new address.

An hour later Chandler was standing in front of an old brick building with toys and bikes scattered outside on the lawn.

He walked up the stairs and knocked on the door.

A few minutes later an older women answered. "Can I help you?" She asked

"Um...yeah, I'm looking for Cameron Miller. I was told he arrived here earlier today."

"Yes he did. May I ask your relation?"

"I'm his teacher." Chandler responded

She moved aside allowing him to enter. "He is just up those stairs and first door on the left." She instructed