False alarm

Monica looked at her, surprised written all over her face.

"Do you think Santa will bring her?" Peyton asked

"I-I don't know, Sweetie." She said "We'll just have to wait and see." Monica tried not to sound too regretful. Peyton lunged forward and hugged her "Why didn't you want Chandler to know what you wanted?"

She shrugged, leaning back against the couch "I don't know." She said looking down at the pattern on the couch "I was afraid he would get mad."

"Why would he get mad?" Monica asked confused

"Cause maybe it was a bad present to ask for and he would think that he isn't good enough." She said looking up

Monica brushed back her hair "Honey, Chandler is very nice. He would never think that." She told her "You can tell him anything." Then she paused, thinking "Are you sure Santa could bring you her in time? It could take a while, and maybe she won't get here." She said, worried if something were to happen between her and Chandler before Christmas.

Peyton nodded "Maybe she will." She remained hopeful as she jumped off the couch and across the apartment to the door, leaving Monica to her thoughts. But the words kept ringing though her head 'I want a mom for Christmas'. What if it wouldn't come to that before Christmas? But most importantly, how will Chandler take this?

Chandler lied in bed with Monica later that night. She was cuddled close to his side with his arm wrapped around her, shielding out the cold air. He took in the smell of her sweet scent just before he leaned down to kiss her "You never got a chance to tell me what Peyton wanted for Christmas..." He broke away

Her body tensed up slightly. Monica wasn't sure if she should tell him what she asked for. She didn't want him having pressure of giving her a mom or freaking out about the possibility. She tried to avoid the question and leaned up, kissing him deeply. "Hmmm." She moaned

"Mon?" Chandler broke away, but Monica's lips were soon back on his. "Babe..."

Monica climbed on top of him kissing him passionately while pinning his hands up over his head. "I love you so much..." She continued to kiss him

"Mon," Chandler pushed away slightly "What aren't you telling me?"

"What?"

"Why are you avoiding the question?" He asked

Monica sighed, rolling off him.

"Was it that bad?" He asked sensing it was from the way she was acting.

"No, no it wasn't bad." She rolled over on her side facing him again.

"Then what did she ask for?"

After a minute of silence she decided that she couldn't keep it from him any longer and told him "She asked for a mom." She said softly.

Monica noticed Chandler hasn't said anything for a while. She looked over "Are you okay?"

He took a deep breath "Yeah." He looked up at the ceiling as he lied on his back. Not realizing right away how this may have affected Monica. He looked at her and asked "Are you okay?"

She nodded "I was a little shocked at first, but yeah, I'm okay now." She told him with a smile

"It didn't make you think that-"

"No-No," She assured him laughing "No..."

"Wow, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad." He felt a little offended by the way she answered quickly.

"Oh God, no it's not bad..." Monica tried to rephrase "I just mean that I don't know if we are quite ready for that kind of commitment." She paused "Are we?"