22

I cannot remember the last time that I cried in front of Mitch, or if I even had before, but I did not feel weak doing so.

He pulled me into his arms, coaxing me softly.

He held me protectively as he guided us to the couch.

He did not urge me to speak until I was ready, and even then, he let me go at my own speed. I told him what had happened, and he hugged me tighter.

At one point it looked like Mitch was going to cry, but he did not, he just held me.

I practically molded myself into him, clinging to him as if my life depended on it. I could not even remember why I had been upset with him, but that did not matter now.

I told him how Mom and Dad wanted to send me away, and how scared I was that it could happen.

I told him everything that I talked to Dr. Jacobson about. I told him that I could not get over the nagging feeling that my family hated me, almost as much as I hated me.

I told him how much I did not like myself, and that I would prefer to be dead. But I assured him that I would not take my life because he liked me and would not want me to do that.

I told him everything I could think of. I did not like being vulnerable, but with Mitch, it was okay.

He did not speak, he only listened, and he let me talk about anything I needed to.

I could not stop crying, but he assured me that it was okay.

I could see it in Mitch's eyes, he wanted to cry, but he did not. I cried enough for the both of us.

The next morning, I woke up, still locked in Mitch's embrace. The couch was not comfortable, but Mitch's arms were comfortable, so it was okay.

It was Saturday morning, so I did not have to worry about school.

Mr. Grassi was sitting at the small table in the kitchen, sipping his coffee and looking at the newspaper. He looked towards me, smiling kindly. "Morning," he greeted.

I expected him to question my being in his home without warning. And even more so, I expected him to question the fact that I was lying in his son's arms, and that I had been there all night.

But he simply smiled and sipped his coffee.

"Your Dad called. I told him you were here, if that's alright? He wants you to call him when you get the chance," he informed me in a soft tone, probably trying not to wake Mitch.

I nodded in response, but did not speak.

I lowered my head back down to the crook of Mitch's neck, watching him as he slept. He did not look comfortable.

I sighed before crawling off of the couch, careful not to wake him.

After excusing myself outside of the house, Icalled Dad.

Me: i'm never gonna project my feelings into a story

Me: Hi guys read this story its called Oddity lol #peace #love #goodvibes