33

Mitch's jaw dropped, "Oh my god! Is he alright? What happened?"

I shrugged before involuntarily leaning against the counter. "I told you about the drug deal, and Michael told his friend. They ambushed us, and Zack got shot. Mom and Dad blamed it all on me. Because it is clearly all my fault. I mean, I offered to die in his place, and was held at gunpoint, but that does not matter because I was just a mistake, and they do not even want me," I rambled. My tone got harsher with every statement, and my hands balled into tight fists.

"Oh my god," Mitch let out in a shaky tone before closing the gap between us, wrapping his arms around my neck, "Are you ok?"

I clutched onto him, before stumbling into the living room, still clutching onto his small frame. "You are all I have," I murmured into his neck.

"Is Zack alright?" Mitch inquired as he pulled away.

I narrowed my eyes at him again, "Out of all of that, all you care about is Zack?"

He gave me a pleading look, "Scott..."

"If you care so much about Zack, go fuck him instead," I spat carelessly.

"Scott, stop it," Mitch demanded firmly, "I'm just concerned, and you should be too. He's your brother."

I scoffed, "Brother. Brothers do not blackmail their brother into taking them to a drug deal. Brothers do not let brothers take the fall and get sent away. Sisters do not blame a brother's near death on her brother. Mothers do not say that having her son was her biggest regret. Mothers do not hit their sons. Father's do not drop the blame of a brother's potential death on his son. Fathers do not violently shake their son and push them after putting all of the guilt on them," I rambled heatedly, feeling more and more nauseous with every statement.

I glared back at him, "And boyfriends do not sympathize with the very person that drove their boyfriend to their breaking point," I added harshly.

"Shh shh shh, Scott, I'm sorry," Mitch whispered, rubbing my arms gently.

My eyes watered I looked at him. "You are all I have left," I whispered.

He was silent, and an overpowering feeling coursed through me. I blindly leaned forward, capturing Mitch in a kiss.

He was hesitant, and pulled away. "Not right now. Everyone is asleep."

My hands found his wrists as I kissed him again, "Then we'll just have to be quiet," I murmured.

He was hesitant, but eventually kissed me back. My fingers kneaded into his lower back. The alcohol was driving the aggression I didn't usually use. I was always gentle, but that was not even a concept to me in that moment.

My fingers gripped the hem of his shirt from behind, before yanking it over his head and tossing it aside.

My fingers found his back as my lips found his again. He let out a whimpering sound as I grasped onto him.

My nails pressed against his soft skin, dragging downward as I pulled him against me.