24

Mitch made pancakes for breakfast, and they were very good.

Mitch and I spent the day walking around the mall, seeing a movie, and laying in the park.

We were in the park when Mitch kissed me and told me that he knew what he wanted. He told me that he wanted me.

I kissed him.

For the first time in a while, I felt truly content. I did not think about Zack. I did not think about the things worrying me. I was just able to spend time with Mitch, and feel content.

I sat and watched, completely intrigued as Mitch went through the process of shaving the sides and back of his head. He straightened his bangs, making them appear just a little longer.

I liked it very much, and he blushed when I told him so.

I was enjoying my time with Mitch so much, that I forgot to go home at 6.

Dad showed up around 8 and made me come home. When we got home he told me that I was irresponsible and was not allowed to leave without permission.

I was not upset that he yelled at me. I was too happy to be upset. I did not even get upset when I saw Zack.

I laid on my bed, smiling uncontrollably.

...

I was not surprised when Michael Turner and his friends made fun of Mitch on Monday at school because of his hair.

But Mitch did not get sad, because he liked his hair. I liked it too.

What I did not like was his female friends that complimented his hair. I did not mean to get angry, but I did not like sharing.

I did not like how easily I got jealous and that it made me very possessive. I wanted Mitch all to myself, but unfortunately that was not the case.

People complimenting him was one thing; his friend Kirstin running her fingers through his hair was another thing.

Kirstin was nice, but I did not like Kirstin because she was too nice to Mitch. She made him smile and I was afraid Mitch would like her more than me.

Apparently saying "You can go now" in a bitter tone to Kirstin while she was talking was "rude".

I did not apologize, and eventually she did go away. Mitch told me that I had been very rude, but I reminded him how touchy she was being, and he did not argue. Instead, he kissed me on the cheek and went back to his lunch.