25

A couple of days later, once Zack and I got home from school, Dad demanded that we sit at the table. I felt as though I knew what this was about, and I did not like where it was going.

Dad looked very angry. He stood at the table, hands out flat against the tabletop.

In between his hands was a small bag of white powder. Next to the bag was another small bag of pot.

"Whose is it? Tell me right now or you're both grounded for a fucking year," he threatened. I had never seen Dad this angry before. He did not take drug use lightly.

I expected Zack to blame it on me, but he surprised me.

"It's mine," he murmured.

Dad lifted the bag, shaking his fist, "Why, Zack? Why would you do this? This will ruin your life," he spat, before slamming it back on the table.

Zack did not speak, he stared at the table.

"You? Did you know about this?" Dad demanded, glaring in my direction.

I looked up at him abruptly, before swallowing nervously.

Dad slammed his fist down on the table, making me flinch, "Answer me, Scott!"

I nodded. "I drove him and his friends to get some of it," I blurted out, afraid that withholding anything would only make the matters worse.

Dad's face went pale, before a look of disappointment claimed his face. "You drove your little brother to a drug deal?" It did not sound like a question, and the amount of disappointment was enough to make me feel suffocated.

I did not respond, I just stared up at him, feeling nauseous under his gaze.

"I blackmailed him," Zack blurted out, earning both of our focus. "Please don't send him away," he added in watery tone.

I looked back at Dad, who did not look any less disappointed.

"I don't have a whole lot of options left. Your Mom and I don't know how much more we can take," he informed us.

A feeling crashed down on my heart, and my eyes began to water. I shook my head, "No...please don't send me away. I'll be better, I promise...I'll be better," I choked out, wincing as a tear escaped.

Dad let out a shaky breath. "One last chance, I mean it," he declared before sighing, "As for this situation, you're both grounded for a month. No phone, no hanging out with friends, no leaving the house except for school. And Scott, no car unless you're going to or from school."

I looked at him before shaking my head, "Oh...I can't not hang out with Mitch for a month," I informed him politely.

"You see him at school. You lost your privileges, that includes hanging out with Mitch," Dad declared, glaring down at me.

I shook my head again, "No, you don't understand—"

"I understand perfectly. You're not hanging out with anyone for a month, and that's final, Scott," Dad bellowed, before extending his hand, "Keys and phone," he ordered.

I stared at him for a moment, reluctant. I lowered my keys into his palm, before looking at him pleadingly. His face hardened, and I swallowed nervously before handing over my phone as well.

He took Zack's phone as well, before sending Zack to the room.

A/N: This story breaks my heart but I'm glad you guys are supporting it.