(Dec 11) Daniel Skye: He Didn't Come

"(Y/N)?" Daniel asked in surprise when he opened his front door to find me standing out in the rain. I had tears streaming down my face, and I was pretty sure my mascara was running down my cheeks as well.
"Angel, what happened?" Daniel cooed, as he pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him, and sighed at the familiar comfort of hugging my best friend.
"He—H—he didn't c—come. He st—stood me up." I whimpered.
"What?!" Daniel exclaimed in shock.
"Am I not pretty enough for him to like me?" I cried.
"Don't ever say that! You're perfect!"
"B—but I've had a crush on him for over a year! I can't believe he's such an asshole!" I yelled angry now. Daniel's face shifted at my words, and I could see he was openly sad. He looked...hurt.
"Oh my god," I whispered when I realized what this had to mean.
"Are you—" I started, but Daniel cut me off.
"In love with you?" He asked.
"Yeah." I confirmed.
"Yes," he said finally.
I didn't know what to say. I'd liked Jake for almost 2 years. I'd never thought of Daniel that way for at least that long. I had mentally and emotionally friend-zoned him to protect our friendship.
"Daniel, I—"
"Don't. It's okay. I know you don't feel the same way. I can see it by the way you look at Jake and talk about him. Every song I've ever written is about you, don't you get that? No matter how hard I try to move on, I'm always drawn back to loving you. What pisses me off is the fact that I'd treat you like a queen, and Jake has the honor of dating you, but treats you like crap, and you let him." Daniel vented.
"It's more complicated than that!" I exclaimed.
"Yeah, sure. Whatever. I get it (Y/N). I just had to say it. I would say I'm moving on, but it'd be a lie. In all reality I'm stuck on you, which means I'll be here waiting until the day you decide I'm worthy enough to date."
"Daniel, that's not it!" I screamed, "I had the biggest crush on you for years, until I realized that I'm the one who's not good enough for you!"
"That's bullshit." Daniel stated, and my eyes widened at his cussing. He rarely cursed. We looked into each other's eyes for a second, and suddenly I felt it. Like a magnet pulling me towards him. He and I both grabbed each other and kissed. It was the deepest, most passionate kiss I'd ever experienced. Daniel pulled away and looked down at me as he caught his breath.
"What does this mean?" He asked.
"That Jake is about to get broken up with over text," I announced. Daniel grinned.