Shawn Mendes: I Hate You, I Love You

"I hate you Shawn Peter Raul Mendes!" I screamed, before slapping him harshly across the cheek. He'd gone too far and insulted me about something that he knew I was already self-conscious about.
"Well fuck you too, princess!" He growled, but he didn't dare lay a hand on me.
"I can't stand you! You're a cocky son of a bitch!" I fumed. He chuckled angrily.
"Why are you such a bitch to me?"
"UGH! I don't know, ok? You make me so mad. You're arrogant, rude, and selfish! Why are you such a dick to me, then? Do you hate me or something?" I turned the question back on him.
"It's more complicated than that," he mumbled.
"Fine don't tell me. I'll just add liar and secret-keeper to the list of things that I hate about you!"
"Shut up, drama queen." Shawn scowled.
"You have no right to tell me to—" I started, but was cut off by Shawn pushing me up against the wall as his lips found mine. I was so shocked that it felt like the air was knocked out of my lungs. Shawn and I hadn't gotten along for years now. Ever since he made it big in the music industry, he became so full of himself that I hated the man he'd become. We used to be good friends before all of this...
"Why do you hate me?" He asked breathlessly when he pulled away.
"I don't. I—I don't know how to feel," I admitted with a blush.
"I just want us to be like we were. Playing video games, watching movies, hanging out like best friends. I fucking love you, (Y/N). I'm in love with you." Shawn stated, his forehead rested against mine as he looked down into my eyes.
"You always act like you're so much better than me. Like I don't deserve you." I looked down at the ground in shyness.
"It's because I'm self conscious and insecure, and I worried that you'd never love me back. You could find a better guy and never think twice about me, and I'm sorry I took that insecurity out on you." Shawn sighed.
"You can be an ass, Mendes, but somehow I can't stop thinking about you. I love you Shawn, even when I wish I didn't." I looked back up into Shawn's eyes now, and barely a second passed before he pulled my face back towards his. His fingers tangled in my hair messily as he kissed me like he'd never get to do it again.
"Can we please start over? Well maybe not all the way over, but forget the part where I wasn't acting like myself?" Shawn asked.
"You mean the part where you offended the shit out of me and were cocky as hell?" I teased.
"I'm so fucking sorry, and I promise I will spend at least the next 3 years trying to make up for it." He grinned. I smiled and pulled him down for another kiss.