Chapter 16: Let The Rescue Mission Begin!

The chosen members of Fairy Tail and Sabertooth arrived at Hooligan, hiding just a few metres away from the outskirts of the town. They looked at each other for a few seconds, before nodding and running off in their assigned teams. They scattered themselves into the town, hiding in any small areas they could find.

The teams were: Rogue and Sting, Frosch and Lector, Carla and Happy, Laxus and Mira, Freed and Bickslow, Natsu and Lucy, Erza and Minerva, Orga and Rufus, Gray and Juvia, and Yukino and Evergreen.

The exceeds were flying above the town, looking for any signs of Akiko or Shiro. Everyone had determined looks on their faces as they searched the area, hoping they could even feel a sliver of her magic power, or even her scent by the dragon slayers. Unfortunately, they couldn't find anything. Almost as if she hadn't existed in the first place.

The team had gathered together again, Sting having a distressed look on his face. He punched the ground, growling like an inhuman beast.

"Sting..." Lector murmured, looking at his partner sadly.

Everyone had distressed looks on their faces as well, trying to find a solution to their problem.

Erza murmurs, "I don't understand. With the amount of energy she has, we would at least be able to feel it, probably even track it."

"I hope she is ok," Juvia commented quietly.

Laxus said, "Nonetheless, we have got to think of something quickly. Who knows what they could be doing to her, might as well be blocking her magic with a lacrima."

Freed commented, "That is a possibility, but her magic power is a bit big to be stored by something like that."

"True," Evergreen muttered.

Rufus glanced over the group, before landing on Sting.

He began, "Sting."

"What?" Sting growled out.

The long blonde-haired man remained calm, unaffected by the inhuman sound of Sting's voice.

Rufus continued, "I'm curious to know, but you've done 'it' with her, right?" The blonde only nodded, confused as to why he was asking that now. "From what I've read a few months ago, when you've marked and mated with your mate, you should be able to track her with your own mark."

"You serious?" Sting asks, his voice becoming less demonic.

"If memory serves me correct," Rufus said. "You should focus on her magic energy, herself, your connection with her, anything you remember of her."

Sting huffs, before deciding to try it out. Everyone remained quiet as they waited for anything to happen.

---

The sounds of sword clashing could be heard throughout the dark world that loomed in Akiko's mind. Not a word peeped out from the two Akiko's, just the sounds of their footsteps, their breathing and loud clashes.

However, their movements stopped as they felt something penetrate into them. Like a knife that had been stabbed into the epitome of their whole being.

They screamed.

---

The black ice barrier that surrounded Akiko shattered to pieces, falling onto the ground and shattering into smaller ones. Her magic power bursting at the seams as her body collapsed to the ground, her eyes shadowed by her bangs. Her body lifeless.

---

Sting stood up in a heartbeat, claiming, "I've found her!"

Before anyone could ask him a thing, he had already began running off in the direction of his beloved mate. The others quickly followed after him, Rogue easily picking up to his pace.