Chapter 20: I'm Sorry

A smile rose to the blonde's lips, watching his beloved sleep peacefully on their bed. Stroking her hair, he glances over to the snake and his exceed, seeing that they were asleep as well.

It's been a few days since the whole 'Yoko and Akiko' fight and so far, things have been peaceful. For now. Akiko has returned to her usual self, but it was obvious to anyone that she wasn't completely herself, her eyes always clouded with thoughts and zoning out a lot. It worried Sting and he wasn't sure what to do most of the time when she wasn't listening to him or the guild, leaving him to panic and do some drastic measures to get her back into reality - which most of the time, worked.

Akiko shifted slightly, laying her head on Sting's chest. He chuckled, and kissed her forehead. As expected, she didn't wake up or react. When she sleeps, she sleeps like a rock dumped into a frozen lake. He played with her hair, twirling it around his fingers and such as she remained unconscious, deep in her slumber.

She wasn't going to wake up any time soon. Well, not unless he did something.

Sting smirked, a plan coming to mind in his head. Both beneficial to him and a sure-fire way to wake her up. Pulling her gently so she was closer to his face, before teasingly licking her most sensitive part of her neck. Her mark. Akiko's body twitched, but she didn't wake up. He frowned, before resorting to nibbling and sucking her mark.

A quiet moan escaped her lips, she mumbled, "Now's not the time Sting..."

He chuckled. "Alright, but answer me a few questions."

"Whatever," she murmured, adjusting herself so that her head laid in the crook of his neck.

He chuckled softly, playing with her hair. "Why do you zone out so much?"

She was always drowsy in the morning, so if there's ever a time when you want some answers, you should ask her then when she'll tell you everything.

"Voices..." she murmured. "I would hear faint voices murmuring in my mind... Sometimes they were loud, but most of the time, they're quiet. When they're loud, I can't block them out and can only listen to them."

"Who's them?"

"Sometimes my inner darkness, other times it's someone I don't know," she responded as he frowned. "They would say some things to me that I don't particularly like."

"Like?"

"... Killing you." she whispered hesitantly.

Sting wished he didn't ask.

"Oh," was all he said.

She snuggled into his warmth, murmuring, "It's annoying to hear, but it's nothing that I can't handle. Though, sometimes I'm glad when you do the weirdest things to get my attention back. It helps a lot."

He smiles and hugs her. "Then I'll just do it some more then. I'm not losing you, especially to some voices."

"I know," she said. "And you won't."

The blonde twirled his finger in her hair, before holding the back of her head and placing his lips on hers passionately. She looped her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss even more, a reassurance to him that she wasn't going to go anywhere anytime soon. Pulling away from each other, they learned their foreheads on each other, looking into each other's eyes lovingly.

She said randomly, "Have I ever told you that you're cute with messy hair?"

"You just ruined the moment," he muttered, chuckling at her before a wide grin spread across his face. "No, but I'd rather be referred to as hot."