Chapter 18: Safe To Home

Sting curses another round of profanities as he finds nothing in the next room, he slams the door and moves onto the next one, clearly annoyed.

"Akiko!" He called out, repeating the name over and over again.

He opens another door in annoyance, but that look immediately faded away as he saw his mate. He stepped inside, his body immediately shivering from the temperature.

Her body was surrounded by a round, black ice barrier. Allowing no one out, or in for that matter. Her body seated on the ground with her legs facing behind her, her eyes shadowed by her bangs and her hands laid flat in front of her.

However, his attention was caught by the tears that streamed down her face and splattered to the ground. He bolted towards her, stopping in front of the ice wall and attempting to smash it apart. It didn't work.

"Akiko! Come on, Akiko!" he shouted, trying to get her to snap out of it.

The magic circle underneath her glowed brightly, her hair rising slightly. Oddly enough, he felt like this was a bad thing and began banging the wall and shouting at her in panic.

He cried out, "Come on, Akiko! Snap out of it! Please! Come on!"

Unconsciously, he tapped into the mate connection he had with her. The mark on her neck glows, whatever trance she was stuck in she immediately snapped out of and screamed. The barrier around her shattered to pieces. Sting didn't take a second to waste to run over to her and pulled her into a warm hug. Her screams died down in a heartbeat, her breathing heavy and uneven as Sting stroked her hair, comforting her.

"Shh, I'm here now," he murmured.

Her red eyes closed, mumbling, "Sting...?"

Her consciousness disappeared, her body becoming limp. Sting chuckles slightly, happy to have her in his arms once more before picking her up bridal style. He glanced at the magic circle once more, before carefully running out of the room to search for the others.

After some time, he managed to find his Sabertooth friends and glad to know that Lector had found Shiro, even though the snake was unconscious.

Orga was about to say something, his mouth opening but only to shut in a heartbeat when the wall beside him was blasted with magic. The team quickly jumped away, dodging the rubble that flew towards them.

"Rufus?" Yukino called out, seeing a certain blonde on the ground with small pieces of rubble on him.

An evil laugh could be heard, a black-haired female walking to them with a smirk on her face.

"Don't tell me that's all you got," she taunted. "And I thought you would actually be a challenge for me," she frowned as she noticed Akiko in Sting's arms. "Hmm, it looks like you found her. I suppose I have no choice but to dispose of you and take her back."

Sting growls, "I won't let you," his friends step in front of him, agreeing.

Akiko stirs ever so slightly, her eyes fluttering open ever so slightly. Just enough so that she could see, her eyes almost unable to stay open. Her eyes landed on Nori, then her friends, then finally, at her boyfriend. She drew a shaky breath, lifting up her hand and spreading out her fingers.

Before anyone could say a thing, Nori was frozen in a block of ice.

Akiko murmured quietly, her breathing shaky, "That should keep her like that long enough for us to get out of here..." she breathes in heavily, before leaning her head back on Sting's chest. Her eyes closed.

The team nodded and began running off, not slowing down their pace. They were not going to blow their chance by asking her questions that will probably take her forever to answer in the condition she was in.