Chapter 22: Grandma Kira

Everyone sat in the infirmary, looking at Akiko in worry. Ever since the incident a few days ago - which completely demolished the Bloody Rose guild and got them arrested by the Magic Council - she hasn't woken up. In fact, she has been stuck in this trance and doesn't seem to be waking up anytime soon. The Magic Council had begun searching for a healer to deal with this problem, as they are responsible for her since they are the ones that let her live in the first place. It was up to them to fix the problem they had caused.

The whole entire time, Sting hadn't left her side. His face rarely changed any expressions apart from sadness, worry, concerned, unhappy and sometimes even emotionless. Shiro and Lector joined him sometimes.

Rogue was left to comfort Yoko, who believed that it was her fault that she was even in this situation. She blamed herself over and over again for bringing the female there, if she hadn't she wouldn't have been caught into a trap clearly organised by Loofa.

The Sabertooth guild wasn't doing much better, effected by the Guild Master's mood but they tried their best to keep their mood up for their sake.

Right now, Sting was left with Akiko, solemnly looking at her. Before, he knew that she would wake up, a reason why he was much more... Happier before but now, he wasn't even sure. She was so peaceful, so peaceful in fact that she almost looked dead.

He caressed her cheek, his blue eyes filled with sadness and sorrow.

"Akiko..."

---

Darkness surrounded Akiko, nothing was around her. She couldn't see anything, she couldn't hear anything, she couldn't do anything. She was stuck there, just frozen in time. However, if she was being completely truthful, she could hear something in the distance. It wasn't anything special, just muffled noises that seem so insignificant to her.

From time to time, they would get louder but not enough for her to hear the words itself.

---

The Magic Council had arrived with a healer, who was once a monstraliate citizen. Her name was Kira Hideki, she was an old lady that no one knew about but the Monstralites. She hadn't seen the girl in years.

Kira looked at the girl for a few seconds, seemingly to be examining her. Sting looked at his mate in worry, eyes barely filled with any life.

"What's her condition?" Lahar asks.

The old lady replied, "From what I can tell, she put herself in a suspended animation when she tried to force her dark soul into submission. It's good that she did, or she would've lost her light to the darkness. However, she might stay like this for days, weeks, months, maybe even years. I don't know how long exactly."

"So... Can you help her?" Sting asks.

She nodded. "I can. It will take some time though. A few hours at best, maybe a day."

He sighed in relief. "That's fine, as long as she's up and about again."

She looked at him, giving him a small smile. "She's found herself quite a man for herself. I'm glad."

The Magic Council left, deciding to leave Kira to her doings. Sting stayed in the room to watch, not wanting to part with his mate until she was up. He wanted to be the first to greet her.

---

Sting nearly fell asleep many times, but somehow stayed away throughout the whole magic ritual thing.

Kira stepped back from Akiko, saying, "She'll wake up any second now."

He bolted to his feet, walking over to her and waiting in anticipation. Just like that, her eyes fluttered open.