Chapter 19: It's All My Fault

Days past and Akiko still hasn't woken up from her slumber. Her body laid in the infirmary of the Sabertooth guild. Rogue and Frosch stood in the room with Yoko at their side, who was still tied up with an annoyed look on her face. Sting had gone out to buy some food with Lector and Shiro, leaving only the green exceed to watch the two 'mated' ones.

Yoko growls, "Why the heck did you bring me to your guild, huh?"

"No reason in particular, I just think you need a new perspective on life," Rogue said, looking at her. "You keep throwing daggers at Akiko, saying that she killed your family..."

"She did!"

"...On purpose, but you don't know her side of the story, neither does she know yours," Rogue continued. "I'm not one to talk, but you should listen to her side before you decide to kill her to satisfy you. You never know, she might have had a good reason for it, or at least, had a reason as to why she did it."

The white-haired female mutters, "What 'good' reason could there be to kill someone's family?"

"And what 'good' reason could there be to kill her?" Rogue counteracted.

She opened her mouth to say something, but closed it again, having no response to his question. She pursed her lips in frustration, before glancing over to the unconscious girl.

I suppose, it couldn't hurt to hear her side of the story... I guess... Though, I doubt it'll change my mind.

As if she was sensing Yoko's thoughts, Akiko's eyes snapped open with sweat trailing down her face. Fluttering her eyes for a second before sitting up on the bed. Her eyes blanked from emotion, turning her head to the three as she noticed their presence.

"Akiko!" Frosch called out happily. "You're awake! How do you feel?"

The girl thought about it, and replied, "Fine. Thanks for asking."

She looked at Yoko, wondering who she was. She raised an eyebrow, questioning the new girl's presence and why she was tied up.

Rogue was about to answer, but Yoko intervened, answering Akiko instead. "Yoko Jiro. The daughter of the parents you killed."

Akiko's eyes flickered with unidentified emotion, her breathing ever so slightly becoming uneven. Almost unnoticed unless you had a good look at her.

Noticing this fact, Yoko decided to pressure the girl more. See how far did this girl really go. Did she care for the people she killed so mercilessly? Did she do it because she wanted to? Did she enjoy it? She had to know what her feeling was on the ones she killed, the only way was to taunt her until she snapped.

"You ruined my whole life," she began. "You killed them. My family, my parents, my whole world. It's all your fault that I'm here right now with the need to kill you to satisfy my anger! This is what you did to me!" Her voice began to rise, her anger starting to seep into her words.

"You mercilessly killed them and left me all alone in this world! I sought out for you for years, and now, I've found you just to kill you! How does that make you feel huh? Destroying my entire world? I bet it makes you feel happy, now doesn't it? Come on, say something!"

The girl didn't say anything, only stared at her lap with her eyes shadowed by her hair. Quiet noises escaping her lips. If it wasn't for the tears that dropped onto her clenched fists, Yoko might have mistaken that she was laughing. Akiko's body began to tremble.

"I..." she murmured, her voice sounding weak and fragile. A delicacy to hear. "I'm... Sorry..."

Many more tears dripped from her face, accompanied by quiet whimpers.