6. Party Time

| Edited |

Chapter Six

I finally finish doing all of the report forms and audits for the firm.

"Alright."

As I wrote, Alexander soon comes out of his office and slams a pile of papers in front of me.

"Are you serious?"

He looks at me as he broke a smile. He turns around and heads inside his office.

I look up to see Elizabeth staring back at me with a concerned face.

She soon rises from her seat and walks over to me. She sits her body on a small corner of my desk.

"You excited about tonight?"

"Not really?"

"Why? You got invited to Alexander Caldwell's Regional Potluck Dinner at his ginormous mansion."

"Wow..is really that much of a big deal?"

"Uh Yeah. Google it."

I look over to my computer as I pop up Google from one of the tabs.

I type in,

Caldwell Regional Potluck Dinner.

I click on the Search button and a whole bunch of links lay on top of each other and on the top I see a date.

September 27th

Caldwells' Annual Regional Potluck Dinner

"It even has its own official date." says Elizabeth pointing towards the computer

"Wow.."

I scroll my eyes down to see a link,

"Business Moguls meet up at the Notorious Alexander Caldwell II of Caldwell Industries Mansion for An A-List type dinner." I read out loud

"Wow.."

I click on images and I see different images of celebrities in front of the same red and white background full if different sponsors of the event.

"They get sponsors too?" I ask

She nods and looks at the computer screen pleased.

"I can't believe I'm going to this type of thing. I don't even own any decent amount of clothes to even show up at this event."

"You know what you could do."

Elizabeth then pulls a gold card from her back pocket and looks at me. I raise my eyebrows as I shake my head.

"That's for emergencies."

"Okay? Your job is at stake here."

I smile at the price of plastic and I leap from my seat.

Elizabeth runs to her desk, grabs her jacket as I grab my own coat and purse and we run out of the office together.

*

"Nope. That's the ugliest dress I've ever seen."

Elizabeth looks on as I stood on a podium in front of a mirror. I look at myself as I wore a short blue bubble dress that cuffs in the hem.

"It's..kinda cute."

Elizabeth lowers her head as she looked at me.

"That dress is disgusting."

"It's so disgusting this is something Kimberley will wear." she adds

I laugh bending my back, cupping my stomach. Elizabeth adds to and we go at it for a couple minutes.