20. Reminiscing as Karma Strikes Again

| Edited |

Chapter Twenty

"Wait, what? You felt for her at a Dave and Busters?"

I turn my head as I look at Alex waiting for the answer.

"Yeah..It was at that moment I knew I liked Cassandra."

"And at what moment exactly?" asks Zach

He looks down at me and smiles.

"When you were using Just Dance."

"Really?"

"Yeah Sure."

I was currently sitting next to Alexander with my legs across his lap and I rest my head on his shoulder.

Jacklynn and Zachary were sitting in front of us sitting in love seats as Alex and I sat in one of of his couches.

"I have to talk to Cass for a sec.. you guys mind?"

They both smile and leap up from their seats. They walk out of the living room. I sit there with his arm around my shoulder and I look up at him.

"What?"

"Your ex stopped by today."

I let go of his embrace and I look up surprised.

"Wait what..Jake?"

"Yeah."

I intertwine my fingers and I look up at him.

"Wh..What did he say...exactly?"

"He just asked for me to take care of you."

"Really?"

He nods and I extend a dry smile.

"Okay.."

He raises one of his eyebrows and then looks at me concerned.

"Come.."

I crawl back to Alex. He takes my shoulder and pulls me closer to him. I put my head on his shoulder and he caresses my back.

"He just came at me with all this bullshit and I was like..who is this guy?"

I scoff and he takes my hand.

"You know what else I said.."

"What?"

He takes both of my hands and I position myself as I looked up at him.

"I'm actually glad he fucked up so..I could take this chance."

I snicker and then I look up as I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Oh my.."

He smiles and takes my hands.

"I'm going to treat you like a queen, Cassandra."

I look at him as I tilt my head.

"Okay?"

"I seriously..regret my old ways and I'm so glad I met you. Ever since I met you I didn't want to admit to myself that I didn't feel anything. I remember how I acted and I'm so disappointed in myself.."

"Oh Alex."

"I'm never going to treat you like the way I treated you when I first met you."

"Good nobody wants to be treated like that."

He caresses my thigh and leans into my ear and whispers, "I'm sorry."

I smile and he kisses my neck. I lean back and I climb on top of his lap.

"You were a complete ass..lord."

"And like I said..I'm sorry."

I smile and I peck his lips. I let go and he cocks his head.

"Wait you don't accept my apology?"

"Eh.."

He hesitates and then pouts his lips.

"Cassandra?"

"What..I don't."

"Cassandra."

"What?"

"I'm sorry? I don't know how to express it to you that I do apologize."

"Eh I'm not that easy."

I climb off his lap and I walk away from the couch.

"How can I express it to you that I'm really sorry?"

"I don't know? Think of something."

I flip my hair off my shoulder and I walk up the stairs.

*

Mr. Alexander Caldwell

Currently, I was in the holding cell all by myself.

The room was blank and stained with a thin white paint. The whole room was white and I sat at the end of my cot. The cot was all metal and unbelievably uncomfortable. On one end was a sack of cotton that was suppose to my pillow.

I sat at the other end of the cot and I looked down at my fingers.

The room was complete silence and boredom. I looked at the wall behind me and I see picture of me and my beautiful girlfriend. Next to that picture was photo of Alexander, Zachary and Jacklynn.

It was a pleasure to see Jacklynn earlier today but she was just being a nuisance. I miss my daughter incredibly but by her asking the same questions I've been hearing for the past week have been making me mad.

Seeing Alexander earlier was a pleasure too but of course he though he was grown and talked down at me. He's lucky we had the glass between us, I would've slapped the back of his head. I would also love to see Zach but I highly doubt he's going to visit me anytime soon.

I hear locks unlock and then the door swings open.

"Caldwell Up!"