29. Everything Happens for One Significant Reason

| Edited |

Chapter Twenty Nine

One Week Later..

Cassandra

"Wow Miss Ellis and Mr. Caldwell, look at that healthy baby. It's either going to be a boy or girl, it's to early to decide."

I turn to Alex as he smiles at me. I sigh as I smile.

"Wow."

The doctor moves his device around my slightly bloated stomach.

I tilt my head back on the chair as he did so.

It's just that..This ultrasound gel is so cold.

I tilt my head back fighting the cold as I look at the machine. A small baby snuggled around in there. You can't really see much of the baby's features but it was still exciting to see.

I smile as the doctor continued to move the device around and turns to us.

"If you could take a wild guess what do you think the baby's gender is going to be?"

"Gir-"

"Boy." said a much eager Alex

I lower my eyebrows as I turn to him.

"Really? You think so?"

He nods, "We are going to have ours a little Alexander Caldwell the Third."

"Oh god..Please no."

He looks at me and frowns.

"Why not?"

"I just think it's really excessive."

"Uh..well if our child is gonna take over the family business it's gonna need a legacy."

"Uh? What about our child wants to be something else other than business? A doctor, A dancer.."

Alex tilts his head, "Oh okay.."

I roll my eyes and I look over at the doctor looking at us belligerently.

"Uh..okay?"

The doctor leaps off his backless chair and strolls over to me. Ripping a paper towel from the roll, he wipes the ultrasound gel off my stomach and offers his hands to lift me up. I lower my tank top to cover my stomach.

I sit up straight in the chair. The doctor grabs his trusty folder and stands near the doorframe analyzing it.

He goes over to a machine and a grey photo, similar to a Polaroid, slide out. He rips one, clips it to his folder and another pops out but stays in the machine alone.

"Alright Ms. Ellis. By the ultrasound it shows that you're eight weeks along in your pregnancy."

I nod as I snug a piece of hair behind my ear.

"So Two Months?"

"Yes by coming in today you're two months pregnant."

"Okay? Do you know why I didn't develop any symptoms of the pregnancy."

He looks up from his folder.

"Well have you threw up lately?"

"Yes all this week and last week..but I'm two months along?"

"Okay, Okay. Possibly genetics is playing a role in this."

I nod.

"But at least you're developing symptoms now. By vomiting is completely normal in pregnancy."