12. True Colors

| Edited |

Chapter Twelve

Alexander

I spit blood out of my mouth as I look up at Jayson.

"What the fuck, man!"

"You little shit of a father hired someone to kill my mother."

"Wait..What? My father wouldn't kill his own sister?"

No, not my beloved aunt Melinda, I loved her. Everybody loved her.

I try to stand up but Jayson comes up to me so I stay seated.

"Jayson calm down."

"No!"

"Bu..But why would he?"

I finally get up and I put my hand on my knees as I coughed blood through my teeth.

I stand tall and Jayson grabs me by my collar.

"Jay...Jay Calm down."

I try to move out of his grip.

"Your dad is going to pay for what he did!"

"How'd you find all this crap of valuable information anyways?"

He tugs tighter and now I'm fed up.

"Stop! Get off me!"

I push him off and I look back at him heated.

"How'd you find out this crap?"

"It's not crap!"

I wipe my nose and I look down at my fingers to see blood oozing off my two fingers.

"I don't know Jay. Is this any valid?"

"Your father wasn't at the funeral. Why wouldn't someone go to their own god damn sister's funeral?"

Well?

Oh my god..

July 14th, 2008

"Today we are here for the beloved Melinda Hunter formally known for her maiden name, Melinda Caldwell. A Beloved Wife and a Beloved Sister and Mother."

I look next to the pastor to see a picture of my aunt posing happily with my cousin Jayson, about my age maybe a little older, and his father,my uncle, Jordan Hunter.

My mother would've called her gorgeous. She had long blonde hair and bright hazel eyes.

"Melinda was taken from this earth too soon but this was all apart of God's plan. As we go on with our lives Melinda will never leave us...she will always be in our sprits..guiding us through right and wrong."

I look to my left to see my cousin sitting with his father as a tear strolls down his cheek. I look at his father and he looks blank.

I sat more down the row they were sitting. I sat with my mother holding my baby sister on her lap and my little brother, Zach holding his hands intertwined next to me.

I look around but I can't seem to find my father around anywhere. He should be here? His own sister was killed, for god sakes!

"Mother?" I whisper

"What Alexander?"

"Where's Dad?"

She widens her eyes and looks at the empty seat next to her.

"I..I don't know?"

She looks around left and right and then looks back at me.

I look confused and then I before me I see they raise my dear ole aunt down to the ground...