The Puzzle

Okay so this really isn't an A/N, I just wanted to tell you guys about this FUCKING INSANE WEIRD ASS DREAM/NIGHTMARE I JUST WENT THROUGH. So, I just woke up, like most of you know, and I had a literal breath taking dream/nightmare. Breathtaking, because when I woke up, I was literally suffocating.
Let me explain. I'm gonna be telling this in story form, from your POV so you guys don't get bored.
Let me know if you guys want to hear the rest of the dream/nightmare and for me to continue. There's more to it, so I could definitely do a part 2.
Try not to get lost.  :,-)

The Puzzle

"The ship is crashing! Guys, we're sinking!" The captain shouts as he throws an inflatable life raft out into the clear blue water. "Hop on, NOW!" He yells as he leaps into the life raft, followed by everyone.
We started steering the life raft towards this strange island. My brother, Christian, jumped out of the life raft, grabbing me and putting me on his back as he swam the rest of the way towards the beach of the island. We made it, until we were pushed into the sand, causing sand to go all in my mouth. I retracted quickly, running back to the ocean and gargling the sea water to get all the sand out. "Y/N, look!" My brother called, making me turn to where he was pointing. On the island was this big stone square looking thing, that had giant locks and combinations all over.

"It's The Puzzle." The captain said, kind of like you would in a movie. "No.. It can't be." I said shakily. "What the hell is The Puzzle?" I heard someone behind me ask. "The Puzzle is this giant maze filled with different courses and obstacles, it also has many life threatening beasts and traps. You have to finish all of them before you can escape the island. Ships are known to suddenly sink around here, pulling you to the island in fake hope that you survived, but really, you just put yourself in more danger." I finished gravely, turning to the person behind me. "How do you know so much about it? More than the elders even!" The person questioned harshly. Once I finally took his features in, I realized who this was. Finn Wolfhard. I'm stuck on this hell on earth with Finn Wolfhard and some others. "I-I know so much about it because I've been here before, but I figured out the puzzles and escaped." I spoke defeatedly, memories crashing against my brain like waves of guilt and burden. "Then you can figure all this out quickly! We can let you go in, work the puzzles, and then boom, we're free." Finn clasped his hands together and smiled hopefully. I smiled back, but a sad and misunderstood smile. "No. That's not how The Puzzle works. The puzzles change every time a new ship sinks and the people who were on the ship define what kind of puzzles are in there." I bit my lip nervously, awaiting his angry retort. But to my surprise, his face dropped to sadness. "What do you mean?" He mumbled quietly. "The Puzzle analyzes its victims, so the puzzles on the inside change to meet your greatest phobias and fears, challenge your greatest wants and dreams, and changes the beasts to your greatest nightmares. As each person dies, the section that challenges them personally will dissolve and become a key for the lock that lets us free." I explained, a tear dripping down my cheek. "I'm sorry.." I choked out, more tears falling down. "No, no, no. It's fine, we're fine, everything's fine. I promise you that everything will be okay, and that we'll work together in this, alright?" Finn steps forward and wipes the tears off of my face as smiles spread across each other's faces. I nod my head slowly as my eyes latch onto his. "What would happen if we just stay out here then? What if we don't even go into The Puzzle?" I heard another voice behind me ask. I whipped around to see Dan Howell standing a good 5 feet away from me, his hands on his hips as one hand travels through his messy and sand filled curly hair. "We can't. If we just stay here, then we'll be here for eternity. Till we all die of starvation or get killed by pure insanity. There's no food out here, no fish even dares to swim close to this island. The only possible way I know to get out is to go through and finish The Puzzle. If we finish it, then a boat will be brought to us for us to leave." I told him as his chocolate eyes examined my face, a smirk growing on his features. "Alright. So this thing challenges our phobias, our greed, and our pure nightmares. Sounds fun." He joked sarcastically, causing me to giggle. "When are we going to go in?" I heard Finn ask from beside me. "Well, we need to get everyone together and discuss what our phobias, fears, greeds, dreams, wants, and nightmares are. If we do that, then we'll have a slight advantage and possibly know what we're up against." I started creating a strategized plan.

"Hey everyone, shut up and huddle up!" Dan barked, causing everyone to speed walk towards us. We sat in a circle, some of us laying down and some of us standing or leaning against rocks. I looked at each individual person before I started speaking. Sitting next to me was Finn and Millie, then around the circle was Noah, Caleb, and Gaten. The people standing and leaning against rocks were Dan, Phil, Tom Felton, Christian, and Deric, the captain, was pacing around.
"Okay, so I need to know everyone's greatest fears and phobias, greeds and greatest wishes, and your greatest nightmares put into monster form. I need to know the things that challenge you, the things that keep you up at night. The quicker we figure all this out, the quicker we can get out. You all understand?" I ordered quickly, a leader's tone replaced my usual nice voice. Everyone nodded their heads quickly. I nodded back to them.

"Alright.. Let's begin."