Prologue

Her father was sitting on the living room sofa rambling on about case reports and the day's happenings to his wife, a thin woman who was busy by the stove. She listened but said nothing. She liked to concentrate when cooking but her mother had not been well lately. Even as she stood there she looked faint.

The seven year old girl was sitting in the middle of the living room playing with her dolls, not really knowing what her father was saying. She looked up at her father with admiration in her eyes. He beckoned her to come to him, so she got up and sat on his lap. She laid her head on his shoulder and he stroked her hair. Her mother called everyone to the dinning room and they all sat around the table - The little girl, her older sister, her mother and her father. Then the news flashed on the TV screen and this annoyed her mother. "Didn't I tell you not to leave the TV on during dinner." She said mildly but her eyes drooped a little as the said it. "Right." Her father said and got up to turn it off but accidentally put the volume louder.

"A 14 year old boy called the police this evening saying he murdered his parents in a small town near West River Valley. Law enforcement rushed to the scene and found a brutal discovery. Reports say the couple were stabbed to death and the boy was found sitting on the living room sofa watching television and laughing. More information to come shortly." The reporter said.

Her mother and father looked at each other and her sister's eyes were open wide. Her father even said he must go into the office. The little girl, however, did not know what this meant.

And so her journey began, in the insane world we live in today...